Author Topic: Tactical Coach Gun  (Read 30073 times)

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tactical Coach Gun
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 12:09:53 PM »
Well, look at it this way - Phil's buddy's coach gun probably shoots sub-moa - for one pellet. All the other pellets are somewhere within  +/- 10,000 MOA

Quality stuff we have here! Reminded me of a blueberry farm near a job site I was working on.  At random times (5 mins or so) it would fire off birdshot shells into the air to scare the birds.  (The bird can decrease the blue berry crop by up to 45% or so I'm told).  I was a few hundred yards off, but if the wind was right I could catch a couple of bird shot.  The good kind of catch as in my hand not in the rear end:  a light peppering.
The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 02:27:13 PM »
Quality stuff we have here! Reminded me of a blueberry farm near a job site I was working on.  At random times (5 mins or so) it would fire off birdshot shells into the air to scare the birds.  (The bird can decrease the blue berry crop by up to 45% or so I'm told).  I was a few hundred yards off, but if the wind was right I could catch a couple of bird shot.  The good kind of catch as in my hand not in the rear end:  a light peppering.
Yikes! As soft as blue berries are, if they firing shot skyward, I bet there were some awfully crunchy seeds in some those berries.
FQ13

brosometal

• Top Forum Member
  • Still a Grade A 1 smart donkey! DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 10:02:08 PM »
Yikes! As soft as blue berries are, if they firing shot skyward, I bet there were some awfully crunchy seeds in some those berries.
FQ13

I guess they figured crunchy blue berries were better that blue berries that had been run through a bird. :)
The person who has nothing for which his is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
- J.S. Mill

langloisandy

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Andys Leather!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 01:53:24 PM »
I wonder why Stoeger went with non-exposed hammers? (I am an old timey coach gunner....)

Andy
Andy
www.andysleather.com
Ask me about Scout Rifle Slings ( www.scoutrifle.org )

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 01:56:39 PM »
I wonder why Stoeger went with non-exposed hammers? (I am an old timey coach gunner....)

Andy

And a hell of a holster maker judging by your website and the comments of MB, who can never pronounce your last name right  ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:17:21 PM »

langloisandy

• Andys Leather!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 02:01:40 PM »
Hey Tomb,

Oh Michael might embellish a little, I just slam two chunks 'o beefhide together and call it done....

;)

Andy Lang... er...langloys/langwa...uh....er...oh heck, now I forgot how to say it!

And a hell of a holster maker judging by your website and the comments of MB, who can never pronounce your last name right  ;D
Andy
www.andysleather.com

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 02:06:59 PM »
I keep looking at coach guns.  Is there any reason to go for one with screw in chokes?
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

langloisandy

• Andys Leather!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 02:12:43 PM »
Haz,

Sure! Chokes are great! Be able to tailor the shotgun for your load/mission requirements.

Andy

I keep looking at coach guns.  Is there any reason to go for one with screw in chokes?
Andy
www.andysleather.com

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 02:17:26 PM »
Haz,

Sure! Chokes are great! Be able to tailor the shotgun for your load/mission requirements.

Andy

Ya just had to say that din't ya?  They run about $100 more and I just about had myself talked into one without.  :(
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

langloisandy

• Andys Leather!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2009, 02:22:51 PM »
Haz,

Spend it now...or spend it testing ammo to find out what works (the chokes are cheaper than ammo these days!).

Of course you can do what I do (look up "cheap bastard" in the dictionary, my photo is there!), get the non-choke gun, find a load that is available locally (or in stock in your safe) and learn it WELL at every range you might shoot it. You might find that after XXX many yards the shot drops off, or that up close the shot column is too tight/loose etc....learn the gun. (and its FUN to shoot!).

Andy

Ya just had to say that din't ya?  They run about $100 more and I just about had myself talked into one without.  :(
Andy
www.andysleather.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk