Author Topic: bought an sr9 and stilll looking;  (Read 9432 times)

Galeth005

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: bought an sr9 and stilll looking;
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 10:36:14 PM »
When you say the SR9 is too large, In what way?
To large meaning its handle and barrel length are very difficult to conceal on my regular apparel, as well as it jsut is uncomforable to conceal via iwb as how i conceal it.  but i find the trigger pull very satisfactory and extreamly smooth at the moment so i hope the trigger pull will remain the same when i get it back. as far as my limit on price i'm looking around $400 - $600
Don't let their IGNORANCE take away YOUR rights!!!

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 12:09:14 PM »
as far as my limit on price i'm looking around $400 - $600

Go Glock! You won't be disappointed. They are without a doubt the perfectly designed personal defense autoloader. They are also right within your price range - and you might be able to find a nice used one for under $400 if you look hard enough.

I bought a used model 17 for $250 a few years back. It was an older model and the finish on the slide was well worn, but the barrel and everything else about the gun was functionally flawless (Glocks will take a lickin and keep on tickin). About a year ago I sent it back to the factory and had the slide and barrel refinished (Cost about $60) and now it looks as good as it shoots.

Their sub-compact models are great for concealed carry - perfect size, lightweight, easy to conceal and they bring plenty of firepower to the fight. Above all, they are reliable as all get out. There is a lot of piece of mind when you know that your gun will go bang each and every time you need it to.

P.S. Another thing I love about Glocks is that their subcompacts will also take their full size pistol magazines. So I can use a 17 rd or even a 33 rd mag in my subcompact 26 if I ever had too. 33rds of 9mm make a pretty nice little home defense weapon and then it can easily transition into a carry gun with the 10 rd model 26 mag.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Galeth005

• Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 12:43:49 PM »
the only problem i have with glock's subcompacts is that they are to small for my hands, i like to have all my fingers on the handle, with the sub's my pinky and ring finger wrap around.  if i went glock it would be either the 19 or the.40 cal counter part... they are significantly smaller than my ruger, howerver not as thin.  but thats a sacrifice that would is easily overcome do to their reliability...

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 05:56:00 PM »
the only problem i have with glock's subcompacts is that they are to small for my hands, i like to have all my fingers on the handle, with the sub's my pinky and ring finger wrap around.  if i went glock it would be either the 19 or the.40 cal counter part... they are significantly smaller than my ruger, howerver not as thin.  but thats a sacrifice that would is easily overcome do to their reliability...

Yeah, my pinky finger hangs off the end of my model 26, but you wouldn't know it when you shoot it. It shoots very well, and when you shoot two handed, you'd never even know that youre not shooting a mid to full sized gun. There is also a +1 pinky extension for the subcompact mags that allow for all your fingers to be on the gun and gives you an extra round in the mag. I've never bought a mag extension b/c I never had the need to. It simply shoots that well (and I am 6'00'' 180 lbs with above avg sized hands).

Here is an example of one with mag extension:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=97293551

If you are going to use it for concealed carry, I would suggest going with the sub compact version though. I personally feel that it is the largest I would feel comfortable with as a concealed carry gun (Don't want to be caught "brandishing" or anything like that).
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Galeth005

• Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 06:13:18 PM »
If you are going to use it for concealed carry, I would suggest going with the sub compact version though. I personally feel that it is the largest I would feel comfortable with as a concealed carry gun (Don't want to be caught "brandishing" or anything like that).

thats why i'm looking at the 3"  version of the m&p as well as the springfield xd 3"... i love the feel and the reliability and durability of the glock, so i was thinking about the 23, or the 19

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:23:42 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 06:22:41 PM »
thats why i'm looking at the 3"  version of the m&p as well as the springfield xd 3"... i love the feel and the reliability and durability of the glock, so i was thinking about the 23, or the 19

MB has mentioned that the SR9 will be getting compact models and more calibers.  When...who knows???? 

Even though I have to send mine in on recall, I like the SR9 being thin and will probably buy another (without a doubt I will buy another one or two if they slick up the dang trigger) once additional models come out.  I've put a over 1,000 rounds through it without a single malfunction...so the reliability to fire is top shelf.  Also, I appreciate having a recall out in the open...we could talk about the FNP but.....I like when a manufacturer steps up to the plate in the open.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Galeth005

• Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008, 06:52:58 PM »
MB has mentioned that the SR9 will be getting compact models and more calibers.  When...who knows???? 
I like the SR9 being thin and will probably buy another (without a doubt I will buy another one or two if they slick up the dang trigger) once additional models come out. 
I love the feel of my sr9 as well... the trigger on mine is the smoothest i've felt in all the handguns i've fire. if they do come out with other models like compacts and subs i will buy once my faith in ruger is restored, i wasnt happy with the recall within 1 month of purchase, i hope that once it comes back i wont have anyproblems with it.

Outlaw

• U.S.A.F. Retired/CCW
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2008, 07:16:19 PM »
Sub-compact 3" XD9 works for me. Glock 17 or 19 feels a little larger, but excellent piece.
Strategic Air Command Motto: Peace is Our Profession, Believe it or We'll Bomb the Hell Outta Ya!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk