Author Topic: Mossberg 590 Shockwave Shock ‘n’ Saw  (Read 1829 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1112
Mossberg 590 Shockwave Shock ‘n’ Saw
« on: September 22, 2022, 12:29:36 PM »
I'm not in awe of the new Shock 'n' Saw. Mossberg took their slim, trim (sorta) Shockwave 590 firearm and put a CHAINSAW GRIP forenend on it and called it the Shock ‘n’ Saw. Did someone decide the Shockwave, which you could almost carry like a large pistol, needed to be twice as tall,  four times as wide, and nearly impossible to carry, other than in your hands? Or was it just not tacticool enough for people whose favorite firearms manufacturer is Xbox? ::) Why Mossberg? Why? WWHYYYYY???
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 458
Re: Mossberg 590 Shockwave Shock ‘n’ Saw
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 05:01:24 PM »
Uh, NO to the shock and saw.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 06:57:11 PM »
A novelty gun?  Created to acquire $$$$$'s?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 07:52:55 AM »
Looks like a prop made for a horror movie. Not good for much else.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 10:55:30 AM »
Like a Mare's Leg?

:D
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:34:40 AM »

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2022, 03:11:37 PM »
OK... I admit it I have a Shockwave, though without the chainsaw handle... in my search for a "car gun" it was one of the proof of concept ideas I looked at... 14" 12ga with OAL just over 26" ... an AOW not a SBS...no $200 tax stamp...

I added a sling swivel to the birds head grip, looped a piece of adjustable 1" nylon strap, and adjusted it so I could just reach the trigger... greatly improves the control of the grip... 4 shot side saddle... while I shoot it "taco hold" arms extended at eye level, there is a pretty good video on Forgotten Weapons that shows some thought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UDeNrjGhtE

johnpreast26

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2022, 07:45:42 PM »
I'm not sure why Mossberg decided to make the Shock 'n' Saw, but I can see why some people might find it tactical. The chainsaw grip makes it much easier to hold and control, and the extra height and width make it more stable and easier to aim. I can see how it would be difficult to carry, but if you're only using it for home defense, then it shouldn't be a problem. Also, you can use these slides to carry it easier. It also makes your gun looks more professional and aggressive. I also have them installed on my gun.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2022, 10:12:14 PM »
when I first started playing with my Shockwave, I naturally tried it from the hip... my SOP for shooting any new firearm is to get relatively close to the berm to make sure I hit the big pile of dirt, view the strike, and do preliminary sight adjustment to walk the shots to my aim point in the dirt before I try it on paper... first shot from the hip was so high , it got a lot higher to the top of the big pile of dirt than I anticipated... aim the damn thing... regards... I'm running out of projects and have a SPARC II dot scope lying around... it may end up on the Shockwave

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk