Author Topic: Tikka answer to Ruger Scout  (Read 23542 times)

Timothy

Re: Tikka answer to Ruger Scout
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2014, 05:39:50 PM »
Yep, noticed that. too.  I'd rather not be a test subject for an unnecessary modification of an integral part.

Had enuf of that in the Army right,  Haz?

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2014, 09:20:19 PM »
Had enuf of that in the Army right,  Haz?

Yup!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2014, 03:46:28 PM »
The accuracy of the Ruger Scout is good to 600 yds.  That's the longest range I've had access to.  I have a Leupold 1-4x20 mounted in the traditional manner. A shooter (not me) put 10 rnds in a pie plate at 600 in 27and a bit seconds.  He did use my rifle though, and three spotter shots.  My biggest issue with the 16 and a bit inch barrel is noise.  Damn a .308 is REALLY loud out of that short barrel.  I know I'll have the same issue from the Ruger SR762.  You won't have to remind me.  ;)

You got that right....whew!!!

A 22" barrel with a muzzle brake has quite a bark also.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1108
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2014, 06:48:43 PM »
You got that right....whew!!!

A 22" barrel with a muzzle brake has quite a bark also.

.223 from a pistol with a brake on it has a bit of a bark too. I made a woman cop drop her gun when I shot my Contender next to her.   ;D
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2014, 09:05:14 PM »
Even my .357MAX in a 10" Contender causes everybody on the range (indoor or outdoor) to stop and take notice.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 09:35:56 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2014, 09:06:33 PM »
Oh and call me slow.

I just realized that all ARs are in effect "takedown" rifles.  Cool.

Something for my Bug Out Bag that I already own.

Will work for ammo

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2014, 11:37:43 AM »
Oh and call me slow.

I just realized that all ARs are in effect "takedown" rifles.  Cool.

Something for my Bug Out Bag that I already own.

You are a tad late to this particular party.  ;)
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

tombogan03884

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2014, 12:31:26 PM »
.223 from a pistol with a brake on it has a bit of a bark too. I made a woman cop drop her gun when I shot my Contender next to her.   ;D

The last time I was at the local indoor range, there was no one else in the store, the clerk decided to try out his new pistol.
When he fired it in the next lane over I thought a pipe bomb had gone off.
A .454 Casull with a 2 inch barrel !   :o

(Yes, it was fun, ONCE ! )   ;D

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2014, 08:56:59 PM »
You are a tad late to this particular party.  ;)

Hey, I have two.  Built one from parts.  Helped my son build his.   It just never quite clicked that you could call it a "take down" in the same sense as MB's take down BLR.

Okay, so I'm old and slow.
Will work for ammo

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2014, 09:26:00 AM »
Hey, I have two.  Built one from parts.  Helped my son build his.   It just never quite clicked that you could call it a "take down" in the same sense as MB's take down BLR.

Okay, so I'm old and slow.

Alf, you're proof you CAN teach an old dog new tricks.  You just have to explain things much more and it takes a lot longer!  ;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk