Author Topic: lets take gun belts.  (Read 2881 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
lets take gun belts.
« on: March 26, 2022, 10:50:20 AM »
whats every one using for gun belts these days?   

I am in the market for something new.   Looking for something leather, classic styling.   none of that distress look/tactical.   it will get there on its own.  I like 12-14 oz leather.  color is not that big of a deal, just something casual.   I have been looking locally, but can not find anything smaller than a 38...given that i have a 30 waist thats not going to work very well. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
Re: lets take gun belts.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2022, 11:35:34 AM »
Mine is a heavy two-ply leather made by my leathersmith.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 577
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2022, 01:03:28 PM »
Just a regular belt for carry.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2022, 02:08:21 PM »
I got mine at a gun show from a local leather smith, Double thickness, but very comfortable. Before that I had a DeSantis that was about 20 years old.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2022, 07:07:08 PM »
I don't like layered belts. The ones I've had tend to separate.  I just have to peruse the outdoor, camping, gun stores till i find a solid belt.

Wish I could give you  a brand name.  The last two I bought were from the surplus store in downtown Tucsan.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:06:55 PM »

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2022, 06:08:26 AM »
I have found that Hank's Belts make and sell a very high quality product.  They used to market them as Amish made--maybe still do.  They guarantee them for life and they stand by that guarantee.  I've had three.  One in brown, one black, and another black one I sent back because it was unsatisfactory.  Hank's replaced it immediately without question.  They make a variety of belts, but their carry versions are very heavy duty and extremely well made.  And Tab, they have them in the size you need, but follow their size guide to get what will fit.

https://www.hanksbelts.com/

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2022, 12:20:09 PM »
Just checked, mine's a Carhartt.  1-1/4"  Maybe a little light if you're carrying heavy.  It works fine for my P365 in a JM4 magnetic clasp holster.   I like what I see at Hank's and may upgrade come birthday.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2022, 08:42:26 AM »
I placed an order with hank this morning
   We will see if I like it.   I am pretty picky about cloths/shoes/accessories.   Comfort  is huge when you work in construction
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2022, 05:47:46 AM »
I placed an order with hank this morning
   We will see if I like it.   I am pretty picky about cloths/shoes/accessories.   Comfort  is huge when you work in construction

I started with Hank close to six years ago when my EDC was a Glock 27.  It worked well, but the Glock is a fairly small gun.  Then I upgraded to a Sig P226 as my EDC.  That's a full-sized piece.  My Hank worked well in combination with a 1776 holster that I carry on my right hip.  I still use use either my black or brown, eight or nine year old (maybe ten years old by now) Hank for EDC, switching between the two colors to match whatever I happen to be wearing on that particular day. Both belts are holding up well, and although they no longer look "new," they don't look shabby, either.

FWIW,
Crusader Rabbit   
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2022, 06:47:40 PM »
I got torn apart by Pincus here, when he was around.  My belief is that any belt can be a gun belt.  How you dress, what you carry, and how you carry it determines what works and doesn't work.  A lightweight dress belt will not hold an OWB 1911 or any full size, but IWB any belt can hold the gun and holster in place.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk