Author Topic: New Member Intro  (Read 771869 times)

nmpops

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Member Intro
« Reply #2110 on: October 14, 2013, 11:47:16 PM »
Hello to all. Been reading Michael's blog for quite a while. Decided to join in here too. I've been spending a lot more time on gun talk sites the last year because I can't find enough ammo, primers or powder to do much else other than talk about guns. Before I retired I had an almost unlimited ammo budget (my departments) and now ithat i have more time to shoot t's just so hard to find supplies!
Perception is Reality

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #2111 on: October 15, 2013, 09:17:33 AM »
Hello to all. Been reading Michael's blog for quite a while. Decided to join in here too. I've been spending a lot more time on gun talk sites the last year because I can't find enough ammo, primers or powder to do much else other than talk about guns. Before I retired I had an almost unlimited ammo budget (my departments) and now ithat i have more time to shoot t's just so hard to find supplies!

Welcome, nmpops.  =)

And ain't it the truth?

When you have plenty of cash, you don't have enough time and when you have loads of time, cash is short.

I think there is a connection there for us non-independently wealthy folks.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

MarkCO

• Forum Member
    • Carbon Arms
  • Liked:
« Reply #2112 on: October 15, 2013, 09:59:12 AM »
Greetings DRTV!  There are probably a lot of you who will recognize me, but some who won't so I'll do a brief bio.

I own two companies, Carbon Arms and Entropy Engineering.  At Carbon Arms we build and manufacture a variety of high end shooting accessories.  At Entropy, I do failure analysis and accident reconstruction including shooting and firearms related cases.  I've know Bane for years and actually started the 3rd IDPA club in the country with him and Tom Judd when IDPA was just getting started.  I compete in a variety of the action sports and run several major matches every year.  I do a limited amount of competition and LE training as well.  I moderate "General Glocking" over at GT and belong to several other forums.

Slanteyedshootist

• Forum Member
  • The solution to 1984 is 1776
  • Liked:
« Reply #2113 on: October 15, 2013, 11:12:35 AM »
New member from Oregon.  If you're wondering about the screen name, yes, I'm an American of Japanese ancestry.  And no, didn't have to modify the sights to work with my squinty eyes.  Only been into firearms about 4 years.  I was a late starter.

Born and raised in Hawaii so pardon my lapses into pidjin.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #2114 on: October 15, 2013, 11:47:36 AM »
Welcome to the new members....great to have a surge of new input.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #2115 on: Today at 01:07:29 AM »

Thepepsiguy

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2115 on: October 20, 2013, 06:49:50 PM »
Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I don't post much, if at all. Just like to read the musings. 

Thanks everyone!
So come dance the silence down through the morning.

TanklessPro

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2116 on: January 04, 2014, 12:15:50 AM »
Hello all......
I'm a 38 year old father of two from LA, Lower Alabama that is. Avid plinker and hopefully competitive shooter one day. I listen to Downrange Range Radio every Wednesday morning. I formerly posted on another site, the so called high road. I got tired of the constant assault on anyone pro-gun in the spot light.

I think I have found a new home.  :)
Shortages are for the unprepared...

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #2117 on: January 04, 2014, 12:27:43 PM »
Welcome Tankless,

I am a member of THR, but it's too "high" traffic.  I couldn't keep up with all the posts.  Alas, when DRTV grows to big, I'll have to figure a way to limit what I read.

Don't put it off, competitive shooting, just jump in somewhere and get a taste of it.  GSSF Indoor League, if you own (or can rent) a Glock, is a simple competition to start.  Don't let all the rules of IPDA slow you down from entering.   It did me and I'm sorry I waited so long.  In local matches weekly indoor matches most clubs are pretty flexible.  As long as you're safe and have safe equipment they'll let you shoot.  Of course, you may get some penalty points, but that's okay.  It's the experience that counts. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #2118 on: January 05, 2014, 01:40:29 PM »
i too am a member od thr, lots of info on that site, but it can be a blur and there are some  a holes over there( ok here too, but less of them  lol)
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Vertec96

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2119 on: January 22, 2014, 01:31:45 AM »
New Member from KS here. Looking forward to the two way education, here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk