Author Topic: Favorite Recipes  (Read 53183 times)

sanjuancb

• Top Forum Member
  • The years teach much which the days never knew.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Favorite Recipes
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2008, 04:59:17 PM »
Venison Ladykiller Steaks
----------------------------------

Venison Backstrap
Worcestershire Sauce
McCormick (I think) Steak Seasoning Grinder
Dried Cranberries
Dr. Pepper

Reduce Dr. Pepper & Cranberries over medium heat for sauce.

Marinade backstrap (butterflied to preferred thickness) with Worcestershire and Steak Season at least overnight. Grill medium to medium-rare.

Pour sauce over steaks.

A nice salad to go with steaks is baby spinach, almonds, dried cranberries and a poppyseed salad dressing.

Stupid simple!   ;D
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2008, 07:01:35 PM »
That reciiepe gets you laid?
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2008, 07:05:04 PM »
Thank you for all of the receipes...I'll be home this weekend at nights and will have something to do now. I had to take a weekend off without gigs...my liver went and got a restraining order against me. I'm not allowed within 200 feet of it.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

sanjuancb

• Top Forum Member
  • The years teach much which the days never knew.
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2008, 07:58:21 PM »
Haha...no, but it is impressive!
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2008, 09:49:48 PM »

Baked Cheese Grits
(Marshal'ette H)

A bunch of bacon..fried crisp.and crumbled

Keep and use: 
1/4 cup of bacon grease

4 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup quick grits (not instant)
1 egg
American cheese .( I use equivalent of about 8-12 slices) *individual taste*
*Do not use Velvetta*
Mix this in the grits while warm so it will melt. 
1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese
Mix 1/4 cup bacon grease, water, and salt in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.

When mixture comes to a simmering boil, add the grits, stirring until thoroughly combined.

Cover and cook the grits at a simmer, stirring frequently, until they are thickened.( about 15 minutes.)

Then whisk together egg, and stir into the cooked grits.

Add the Bacon and the American cheese and stir until melted.

Pour mixture into a really well buttered ( I use bacon grease) dish.

Sprinkle all over the top with the grated Cheddar cheese

Do not cover.

Bake until set, about 30-40 minutes.

Remove from the oven and let stand about 5 minutes before serving.

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 09:25:47 AM »

deepwater

• SNIPE
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2008, 10:35:41 PM »
BEER BREAD!! !! ;D ;D
YUMMMMMM!!
 easy,
preheat oven to 375 degrees

3 cups self risiing flour
3 tbsp granulated sugar,
1 12 oz. can BEER.... ;)
it works best with warm beer, mix everything quick and put in oven for about 1 hr.
top should almost be hard, thump on it and and when it sounds hollow it should be done.
this stuff is great :)

Oh yeah did I mention, BEER!
YOU CAN TEACH A MONKEY HOW TO RIDE A BICYCLE: BUT YOU CAN'T TEACH HIM HOW TO FIX IT!!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1116
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2008, 10:49:03 PM »
I never got a recipe for it but probably the best venison dish I ever had was Venison Stroganoff over noodles. I guess you could use any beef stroganoff recipe substituting venison for beef. It would be great over rice too IMO.

I HATE cooking but I'm good at it which sucks because I know what I'm missing. When I have a recipe I may follow it to the letter or I may just start dumping things in the pot. Both methods work well and I've made some awesome soups, among other things, without any recipes. For spices I look in the cupboard and think "that sounds good" and pick as many as I'm in the mood for. A lot of the time I end up adding a can of something or some frozen vegetables to something else, but I avoid any real cooking whenever possible. Most of the time cooking for one person isn't worth it.

The last time I was camping I put some canned vegetables in the cooler. The next day when one of the cooks was fixing the main course for dinner I drained the water from 1 can of whole kernal corn and mixed in 2 cans of 3 bean salad, as simple as 1-2-3, and stirred occasionally to get the corn marinated. The corn added crispness to the beans and it was really good. Everyone liked it but they were skeptical about cold corn before they tasted it. It was something new for me too. Sometimes I just think, what would happen if I mixed **** with *****? Most of the time it's good like that was, or like chocolate and peanut butter. Whether I cook or just nuke stuff I manage to combine two or more things into something different. I don't like eating the same thing over and over, so if I have a lot of something the leftovers may get covered with salsa or melted cheese or both. I can get several meals from a huge family sized entree and each one is different.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2008, 03:55:15 PM »
Here's a quick and simple sausage dip that everyone around here loves.

Take 1 lb. of ground sausage (we use Jimmy Dean mild, or our own homegrown smoked sausage)
1 can of Rotel
1 package of Philly Cream Cheese

Brown the sausage in a skillet (make sure it is chopped up into small pieces since sausage tends to clump into chunks).
Stir in Rotel.
Stir in cream cheese until thoroughly mixed.

Serve as a dip with your choice of chips......we use tortilla chips.

Goes great with BEER.
 8)

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2008, 05:31:13 PM »
Here's a quick and simple sausage dip that everyone around here loves.

Take 1 lb. of ground sausage (we use Jimmy Dean mild, or our own homegrown smoked sausage)
1 can of Rotel
1 package of Philly Cream Cheese

Brown the sausage in a skillet (make sure it is chopped up into small pieces since sausage tends to clump into chunks).
Stir in Rotel.
Stir in cream cheese until thoroughly mixed.

Serve as a dip with your choice of chips......we use tortilla chips.

Goes great with BEER.
 8)

Is there something that doesn't?
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2008, 06:25:28 PM »
Is there something that doesn't?

How about ugly women???? ;D
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk