Author Topic: Show #131: carrying pocket guns  (Read 4785 times)

MrAnderson

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Show #131: carrying pocket guns
« on: October 22, 2009, 01:18:53 PM »
Hey Michael:

I really appreciate your past and present discussion of carrying a pocket gun.  I am one of those people you talked about in show #131.  After trying to carry an XD, I started moving down in size and finally settled on the LCP.  Now, at least, I am more likely to take a gun with me!

Something I would like to see or hear more about is which pockets to carry it in.  You said in this week's show that you reached into your "right pocket."  I have the Nemesis pocket holster, but I haven't been able to carry it in my pants pocket.  Besides the pants' pocket being almost too small (e.g., jeans), if it is large enough, it pulls on my pants so that it looks abnormal (e.g., dockers).  I typically carry it in my coat pocket, but that won't work in the summer, of course.  I wonder what kind of pants you use and what you recommend?  I don't normally wear clothes that are baggy or layered, so it's not as easy to hide for me as it might be for others.

Also, even with the Nemesis holster, I had the gun rotate in my coat pocket, between the time I took the coat off and put it back on (without it leaving my control, of course!).  :(  Any suggestions?

I guess the other aspect of a pocket gun is one of the reasons I chose it: you can carry it in one of many pockets.  So, what are the implications of carrying it your pants pocket, coat pocket, shirt pocket, etc.?

As always, thanks for your show!

-Dave
Regards,
Mr.Anderson

tombogan03884

Re: Show #131: carrying pocket guns
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 01:26:08 PM »
Which ever pocket works best for you. I wear jeans a lot and I will say this, Jeans pockets suck for carrying ANYTHING you want quick. Switch to cargo pants or something of that sort . even with something as small and light as an LCP or Kel-Tec, you have to dress around the gun.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 01:28:14 PM »
That LCP will carry nicely in the little small coin pocket on your jeans.... you will just need to have a long enough shirt to cover it.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 01:31:37 PM »
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 02:23:28 PM »
 My glasses case just reminded me that if you use a SUEDE pocket holster it will not slip and slide around in your pocket.
(My g$#d!@#ed glasses case will not go into or out of my pocket if it touches ANY material, it's as if the damned thing was glued )

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:01:50 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 02:58:05 PM »
My glasses case just reminded me that if you use a SUEDE pocket holster it will not slip and slide around in your pocket.
(My g$#d!@#ed glasses case will not go into or out of my pocket if it touches ANY material, it's as if the damned thing was glued )

True about the suede.  However, make sure you are wearing something like cargo pants or the pockets are tacked to the leg of the trousers.  Otherwise you will turn your pocket inside out on the draw  :o
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 07:44:07 PM »
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 12:46:37 PM »
Right front pocket if it's my only gun; left front for a second pistol. In the winter, right front OUTER pocket, so whatever is the last element of clothing I put on it the pocket the gun goes in. I like the little belt bag...I use a SafePacker the same way...you can velcor it on the front of a bicycle handlebars, then take it off and slip it on as a belt holster.

mb
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

WaltGraham

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 01:26:23 PM »
Which ever pocket works best for you. I wear jeans a lot and I will say this, Jeans pockets suck for carrying ANYTHING you want quick. Switch to cargo pants or something of that sort . even with something as small and light as an LCP or Kel-Tec, you have to dress around the gun.

Not these jeans...

http://www.eotac.com/?p=18&prodID=205

Pretty much all I wear these days.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk