Author Topic: Retail therapy...  (Read 2287 times)

Blaidd

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Retail therapy...
« on: July 04, 2010, 10:24:19 AM »
Well, with everything going on in my life, I decided I needed a little retail therapy. So I walked into my local gun dealer and after some time, I was walking out with a Sig 1911 XO in my hands for a great price. Cleaned it up and took it down to the pond for a little workout. All I can say is its nice and smooth and shoots better than me. I like it better than my XDm9 as it points well and the grips lock it in your hand. I'm trying to find out if this is 1911 or A1 compatible? Also, I wasn't fond of the rail on the front and my dealer didn't have much for holsters. Can I get any holster for a 5" 1911+rail and use it? Also, I had read somewhere about this slide grease that's a bit like a jelly and that comes in 2 weights. Does anyone have the name of it or something similar that works.

Timothy

Re: Retail therapy...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »
Slide Glide....     

http://www.brianenos.com/pages/slide-glide.html

Works great!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 11:09:53 AM »
Also, I had read somewhere about this slide grease that's a bit like a jelly and that comes in 2 weights. Does anyone have the name of it or something similar that works.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Mobil-1-lb-453-592-g-wheel-bearings-chassis-suspension-universal-joints-synthetic-grease-tube/_/N-25apZ1z13yf3;jsessionid=15FA34110B214B8A771EE3D7D17A9725.diyprod2-b2c4?counter=2&itemIdentifier=934751_0_0_

I picked up a 1 pound tub of this stuff for $6.99 a couple of weeks back. A thin film works great on slide rails, bolt lugs, and a ton of other gun lubrication related lube needs.

By the way, that's a hell of a nice looking Sig! Does it take 1911 magazines?  Bill T.

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 12:01:52 PM »
Slide Glide....    

http://www.brianenos.com/pages/slide-glide.html

Works great!
Yea, I run slide glide on all my pistols. The only thing is don't use to much because the stuff is really hard to get off. As far as holsters all 1911 holsters with rails will work fine. I've put railed 1911's into some of my older regular 1911 leather holsters and the rails just mold into them over a little time. Obviously this won't work with Kydex but if you have an older 1911 holster that was getting a little loose the railed pistol will give it new life. I'm not sure of what parts will interchange, the Sig has the external extractor like S&W 1911's. I'd strip one down side by side with a regular 1911 and see what's the same.
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1072
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 01:28:29 PM »
Nice pistol, congrats!!

What's the "1 of 250" on the front of the slide?

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:25:25 PM »

Blaidd

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 10:38:32 PM »
It was part of a limited run of 250, for some reason I can't remember what. I did check it out next to a Colt Government 1911 made in late 1912. The mag's interchange so I don't have to pony up for anything custom for it for now. Its been on my side until tonight. They frown on OC/CC at the brewery I work at. I'll take it to the beach next week when I go.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk