Author Topic: Hatian Cholera  (Read 1503 times)

tombogan03884

Hatian Cholera
« on: November 16, 2010, 12:12:12 AM »
I'm not usually one to bring up God in a subject but it seems this is Gods way of telling those people they are ungrateful turds.
They have no one to blame but themselves.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101116/ap_on_he_me/cb_haiti_disease_outbreak

By JONATHAN M. KATZ, Associated Press Jonathan M. Katz, Associated Press – 1 hr 29 mins ago

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti – Anti-U.N. riots rocked several Haitian cities and towns on Monday, led by demonstrators who blame a contingent of Nepalese peacekeepers for a deadly outbreak of cholera. Protesters barricaded roads, burned cars and exchanged gunfire with U.N. soldiers, leaving cities impassable into the night.

A demonstrator was shot and killed by a United Nations peacekeeper during an exchange of gunfire in Quartier Morin, near Haiti's second-largest city of Cap-Haitien, the U.N. mission said. The mission said it was investigating the incident but asserted that the soldier was acting in self-defense.

The 12,000-member force also reported that at least six U.N. personnel were wounded in protests at Hinche in the central plateau. Radio Kiskeya reported them to be Nepalese soldiers. Radio Metropole said at least 12 Haitians were injured in Cap-Haitien.

The first reported protests erupted in Cap-Haitien about 6 a.m. local time and within hours had paralyzed much of the northern port city. An APTN television cameraman trying to reach the area was repelled late Monday by protesters throwing rocks and bottles from a barricade.

As the day went on, other protests broke out in surrounding towns and the central plateau. A police station was reportedly burned in Cap-Haitien and rocks thrown at peacekeeping bases.

A small protest was also reported in the northwestern city of Gonaives, about halfway between Cap-Haitien and Port-au-Prince, but U.N. police said it ended peacefully on Monday afternoon.
More at link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholera

Cholera is an infection of the small intestine caused by the bacterium Vibrio cholerae. The main symptoms are profuse watery diarrhea and vomiting. Transmission is primarily through consuming contaminated drinking water or food.

Prevention
Cholera hospital in Dhaka, showing typical cholera beds.

Although cholera may be life-threatening, prevention of the disease is normally straightforward if proper sanitation practices are followed. In developed countries, due to nearly universal advanced water treatment and sanitation practices, cholera is no longer a major health threat. The last major outbreak of cholera in the United States occurred in 1910-1911.[13][14] Effective sanitation practices, if instituted and adhered to in time, are usually sufficient to stop an epidemic. There are several points along the cholera transmission path at which its spread may be halted:

* Sterilization: Proper disposal and treatment of infected faecal waste water produced by cholera victims and all contaminated materials (e.g. clothing, bedding, etc.) is essential. All materials that come in contact with cholera patients should be sterilized by washing in hot water using chlorine bleach if possible. Hands that touch cholera patients or their clothing, bedding, etc., should be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected with chlorinated water or other effective anti-microbial agents.
    * Sewage: anti-bacterial treatment of general sewage by chlorine, ozone, ultra-violet light or other effective treatment before it enters the waterways or underground water supplies helps prevent undiagnosed patients from inadvertently spreading the disease.
    * Sources: Warnings about possible cholera contamination should be posted around contaminated water sources with directions on how to decontaminate the water (boiling, chlorination etc.) for possible use.
    * Water purification: All water used for drinking, washing, or cooking should be sterilized by either boiling, chlorination, ozone water treatment, ultra-violet light sterilization (e.g. by solar water disinfection), or anti-microbial filtration in any area where cholera may be present. Chlorination and boiling are often the least expensive and most effective means of halting transmission. Cloth filters, though very basic, have significantly reduced the occurrence of cholera when used in poor villages in Bangladesh that rely on untreated surface water. Better anti-microbial filters like those present in advanced individual water treatment hiking kits are most effective. Public health education and adherence to appropriate sanitation practices are of primary importance to help prevent and control transmission of cholera and other diseases.

[edit] Surveillance

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hatian Cholera
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 04:55:46 AM »
Read that 1 in 5 households donated something, mostly money, to the Slick Willy, (he's the ambassador), "fund"... To the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars. Worldwide, a couple billion has been promised.

Let's see, a rathole country, with no export or industry of merit, gets mega cash donations, and it's only trickling into the country?

Some folks are sitting fat and happy, sucking off the interest, as Haiti remains, well,....Haiti.

How about Jimmy Carter, relocates and habitat for humanity works with Slick Willy, and the UN, to rebuild and restore Haiti?

Oh,...wait,.... :P Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton,..the U.N.......

nevermind,....they're screwed...

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 08:19:03 AM »
I'm not usually one to bring up God in a subject but it seems this is Gods way of telling those people they are ungrateful turds.

Maybe God is giving them a break.   My thinking is that you atone for your wrongs in this world or you atone for them at an extremely higher cost in the next. 

Which brings me to another point.

Since someone will suffer more in the next life than they would in this one for wrongs committed against you, it would be showing mercy to them if you were to be sure they suffered for the wrong in this life.  Not out of anger or revenge, but out of kindness.  It's the Christian way.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 08:45:48 AM »

Not entirely true.  They can blame the UN.  UN located the camps, pushed everybody to them, and don't let them leave. 

Moral two of the story:  DO NOT GO TO A REFUGEE CAMP!!! 
"Why are you carrying a pistol?  Expecting trouble?"

"No Maam.  If I was expecting trouble, I'd have a rifle."

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 01:26:41 PM »

Moral two of the story:  DO NOT GO TO A REFUGEE CAMP!!! 

DAMMIT~~~ There goes my secret plans for Marshals surprise getaway!!
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:43:44 AM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 01:34:58 PM »
Its all America's fault! If we hadn't screwed them, they'd be just fine. And to show much they hate us, they'll immigrate to Florida. ::)
FQ13 who really wants a naval cordon around the place. Nothing good but Barbacourt rhum (which I can live without) has ever come out that hellhole.
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 02:33:04 AM »
Don't forget the kick ass coffee  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk