Author Topic: What NOT to buy  (Read 6705 times)

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What NOT to buy
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 04:51:02 AM »
It would be remiss not to mention one of the worlds worst ever pistols the Phoenix Arms HP22.
Pro: its cheap
Con: ITS DAMN CHEAP, nasty pos of shit, prone to wear (quickly), unreliable, and dodgy as all #$#%!.

ahhh I feel better now.
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 09:30:01 AM »
Every manufacturer lets a bad one get out from time to time. I'm sure you even have people who will call the Remington 700 a POS because of one thing or another. As far as Glock there will always be people who hate them for no real reason other than the fact they don't appeal to them. A bit like a yellow Corvette. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the gun.

The problem with threads like that is they convolute personal opinion with quality of design. Back to the yellow Corvette there is nothing wrong with except for the fact someone doesn't like it. I don't care for Kel-Tec or High Point guns. That doesn't mean there aren't many satisfied owners who absolutely love them. As far as the guy with the bad Les Baer, even a Ferrari won't start once and a while.  Bill T.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 907
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 09:38:21 AM »
Every manufacturer lets a bad one get out from time to time. I'm sure you even have people who will call the Remington 700 a POS because of one thing or another. As far as Glock there will always be people who hate them for no real reason other than the fact they don't appeal to them. A bit like a yellow Corvette. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the gun.

The problem with threads like that is they convolute personal opinion with quality of design. Back to the yellow Corvette there is nothing wrong with except for the fact someone doesn't like it. I don't care for Kel-Tec or High Point guns. That doesn't mean there aren't many satisfied owners who absolutely love them. As far as the guy with the bad Les Baer, even a Ferrari won't start once and a while.  Bill T.

+1

Said much better than what I tried to communicate.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk