Author Topic: G&A "Handguns" review of Hornady handgun ammo  (Read 9405 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 907
Re: G&A "Handguns" review of Hornady handgun ammo
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2011, 09:28:08 AM »
Let's go to the shooting through a barrier issue mentioned a few comments back.  Read what the ammunition is possible of, and consider this situation:

You are in a parking lot or ramp.  You are assaulted and begin a retreat.  As you defend yourself in a retreat mode, the bad guy takes cover behind a vehicle, but is still shooting at you.  Is this not a setting where the ability to penetrate a barrier would be a good thing?  Shouldn't I be allowed to shoot through a car door for full effect in self defense?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2011, 12:04:49 PM »
Even easier than that.

Bad guy in your house.  Knows you have spotted  him and that you are armed.

He is armed and is standing to the side of a doorway and shooting through it wildly with only his hand and gun around the wall.

Shoot  him through the wall and stop him from maybe hitting you, someone else in the house or some person walking out front when a shot goes out a window...or the guy next door in his bathroom shaving....
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2011, 01:09:32 PM »
Shoot  him through the wall and stop him from maybe hitting you, someone else in the house or some person walking out front when a shot goes out a window...or the guy next door in his bathroom shaving....

This scenario sums up what the average home owner is faced with, in regards to overpenetration. Without exaggeration I could more than likely kick my way out of my house through an outside wall, with a pair of heavy, steel toed work boots. There is nothing to stop me except drywall, insulation, chicken wire and stucco. Even my fat a$$ wil easily fit through a 16" stud spacing. Interior walls are even less of a obstacle. If my foot can go through it, so can a bullet. Most any bullet.

Once you drop the hammer you are responsible for that slug, regardless of the threat you are under at the time you let it fly. If you kill a child sleeping in their bed across the street, "But the guy was SHOOTING at me!!" won't be much of a defense. Get out your checkbook because it isn't going to be pretty. If your a cop, much the same applies, except for the fact it will be the department that gets sued, most likely not the individual officer involved. Yes, he could lose his job, and may face criminal charges, but he'll be in better overall shape than you the citizen would be under the same circumstances.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk