Author Topic: New Glock and new to Glocks  (Read 5491 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Glock and new to Glocks
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 11:49:31 AM »
Ahh I see. (Banging head against wall, no I realy don't AAAAAARGH!) I hate 922R! >:( But I'm sure Mitt will save us and repeal it,  after all W. raced to end the madness.......crickets. Seriously, I might actually vote for Palin if she'd repeal the damn thing. And it doesn't take Congress either. Its a rule not a law, stroke of the pen and its gone.
FQ13

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 12:58:00 PM »
Welcome to the wonderful world of Glock SJPrice.  My primary carry for the better part of the last 2 years has been a 26 and before that my still favorite 19.  I'm personally not the biggest fan of the grip extenders on the magazines because I'm wanting maximum concealability over the 19, but they do make the grip fit a little better.  Instead of stocking up on 27 mags with extenders, you might want to consider investing in 23 or 22 mags.  They work especially well as spare mags for carry and range and give increased capacity and a little more grip if you choose to use it as such.  They also tend to be the same price as the smaller 27 mags.

Any idea why the .380s are LEO only? That just seems weird as its not a common LEO caliber. I mean, even for a bug, there are 9s and .40s almost as small. And why restrict it unless its FA like the G33?
FQ13

As Solus said, they don't meet the import criteria.  They are mainly designed for countries were civilians can't own military calibers firearms.  More importantly, I don't see a real market for them in the US other than collectable.  To my knowledge, all .380, 9mm, .357, .40, and .45 GAP glocks are built on the same frames/dimensions (obviously 3 sizes in each category).  The primary advantage of most .380's is that they are small, light, and concealable.  A .380 Glock would offer no real size, weight, or capacity advantage to a 9mm.  I don't think there would be any cost advantage to shooting .380 either.

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 04:48:59 PM »
SJ, congratulations on making a great purchase.  I have an early model G27 that I have carried for many years.  Mine is outfitted with the mag extensions, too.  It's less concealable perhaps, but it fits my hand better.  And I can still pack it in an Uncle Mike and stick it in the front pocket of my jeans.

I can't tell you how many hundreds or thousands of rounds I have sent down range, but I can tell you I had one failure to feed.  It was with some cheap Russian ammo (Golden Wolf or similar) that was non-reload able and had a cheap steel case.  Using any kind of quality ammo, it always goes bang--even when it needs a good cleaning.

Keep us informed as you use it more.  We all like to hear tales of new guns.  And welcome to the family.
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 09:42:17 PM »
My dad "lent" me his G26 so my daughter could shoot USPSA with me... nah.... she's gonna use the clubs G17 and I need to get a IWB holster for a G26  ;D

I hate you and I'm gonna tell Dad.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 02:40:41 PM »
I hate you and I'm gonna tell Dad.

Go ahead, he'll forget by dinner  ;D
He who dares wins.  SAS

Sponsor