Author Topic: Undercover "G-Men" at SHOT Show  (Read 2788 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Undercover "G-Men" at SHOT Show
« on: January 16, 2013, 05:51:38 PM »
Of course there is.....

http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com/2013/01/undercover-feds-at-shot-show.html

Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Undercover Feds At SHOT Show?

In today's The Outdoor Wire, there was a report that undercover Federal agents from BATFE, the FBI, and the USAF Office of Special Investigations were spread out amongst the crowds at the SHOT Show in Las Vegas. They were leaving cards that said to "report suspicious activity".

As the industry poises for the Obama administration, word spread through SHOT Show that undercover agents supposedly from a variety of different agencies, from ATF to OSI, were wandering around the show floor, passing out business cards that bore an official-looking seal and the words "Suspicious Activity Reporting: 702-690-9
142"

Curious, one industry insider called the number. After several rings, a recorded message thanked him for reporting the suspicious activity, and asked for a callback number. Instead, he hung up. Only a few minutes later, their cellphone rang and a caller identified himself as an FBI agent following up on the "suspicious activity report".

When questioned about the supposed federal agents wandering the floor, the caller said that despite the fact that OSI was a military agency, breaches of security when it came to the "kinds of equipment displayed at SHOT Show" gave them full domestic arrest powers.

Many attendees at the SHOW have received these cards, raising questions of the legitimacy of the supposed agents and the possibility that SHOT was under far closer federal scrutiny than normal.

This report doesn't leave me feeling warm and fuzzy about President Obama's claims that responsible gun owners have nothing to worry about from him.

With this POTUS, and DOJ/AG, I am not surprised.....
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Undercover "G-Men" at SHOT Show
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 06:47:03 PM »
Call centers are my business. Capturing Caller ID (CID) has been used in call centers dice the early 1990's.  I recently did an solution for a large call center that captured the CID and custom routed the call to the team the business decided was the best to handle your call. If you have CID on your phone it remembers the number and puts it in memory for you know who calls and simplify your ability to return the call.

I have done applications that look at your CID and looks in the customer database. If you are not paying your bills on time it will route your call to collections regardless of the reason you called.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1061
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 11:23:49 PM »
Get a $20 burn phone at Dollar General.....call the number and report some suspicious looking guys roaming around a convention center handing out business cards.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 09:49:15 AM »
Get a $20 burn phone at Dollar General.....call the number and report some suspicious looking guys roaming around a convention center handing out business cards.

Don't need to buy the whole phone.  You can get SIM cards cheaper and they are what hold the ID info.  Should be available at local stores..pay cash...and swap them out as needed with the original.

http://www.buy.com/prod/simple-mobile-activation-kit-including-sim-card/226159850.html?listingId=230239491

Be sure what you buy will fit your phone....or get a phone that matches your local supply.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 01:02:31 PM »
When questioned about the supposed federal agents wandering the floor, the caller said that despite the fact that OSI was a military agency, breaches of security when it came to the "kinds of equipment displayed at SHOT Show" gave them full domestic arrest powers.

cough  bullshit! cough cough

What suspicious activity would need Fed help at SHOT? Someone placing an order?
Apparently actually trying to use your 2A rights is enough for the military investigators to be called in.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:25:42 PM »

dipisc

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 03:07:32 PM »
Hi;

The Feds being at Gun Shows and taking down licence numbaers and doing whatever they do best has been going on for years. If you are not doing anything Illegal there is no problem. If any one of them approach you and ask questions you have 2 choices;

1;  Tell them to go have sex with themselves

2 Get as much info on  THEM   and a Photo or 2 and send it to the NRA  or  Tom Gresham  or whoever that has the ability to embarass them and Pro Gun Legislatures to investigate them and tie their time up looking stupid for what they are doing. Turn the tide unto them....

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 04:46:29 PM »
Every time I see this thread, I read the subject as  "Undercover 'G-Men' SHOT at Show"  ..for some reason
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

BBJohnnyT

• NRA Endowment Member
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 05:27:03 PM »
Every time I see this thread, I read the subject as  "Undercover 'G-Men' SHOT at Show"  ..for some reason

Or "Undercover Men Show G-SPOT".
"If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns." - Edward Abbey

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 06:46:27 PM »
If they mention illegal activities you can detain them and have them arrested .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk