Author Topic: USSA Tactical Rifle 231 - Day 1  (Read 3250 times)

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
USSA Tactical Rifle 231 - Day 1
« on: April 18, 2009, 10:42:29 PM »
Hi folks!

M'ette and I just finished filming day 1 of the 3 days 231 class here in Tulsa.

Erik and Chad are running the class and we have a nice bunch of guys here learning the tricks using the AR.

In addition to going through the basics, we filmed the use of flashlights and tonight, we finished up with some low light shooting.

Thunderstorms came in and cut the evening short.

The picture is of Chad Warren with his colorful AR. More details will show up on DRTV at the end of May.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 595
Re: USSA Tactical Rifle 231 - Day 1
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 08:24:01 AM »
You know midwestern weather....

I was planning to be at the Roger's range after church this afternoon trying out the wife's ( ;D ) AAC can today if it's not still raining....and that Bren Ten I snatched up.  If you see an old fat guy with such toys, stay low it's me.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 10:41:25 PM »
Rastus,

I guess you came in after we left aound 1:30PM. I came back tonight to get some footage from the shoot house.

Here's the gang getting ready for some low light (as in very dark) training at around 8:30PM.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 595
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 06:00:58 AM »
Rastus,

I guess you came in after we left aound 1:30PM. I came back tonight to get some footage from the shoot house.

Here's the gang getting ready for some low light (as in very dark) training at around 8:30PM.

Yup...got there around 2 and stayed til 'bout 3:30.  Put the new LCR through it's paces....if they try to recall it for the trigger like they did my SR9 they ain't gettin' it back.....it's a nice piece like it is.  Ya'll have fun out there.

I hope we get to see some of Chad's work on SG.  He is 100% cool operator and teaches from direct experience. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Hotwire22

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 10:29:39 PM »
Hi Marshall,

it was nice to meet both of you. Hope you guys finally were able to get some good footage on Monday after battling the rain and wind the previous two days. The shoot house was fun and a humbling experience to say the least. I think Chad let me bumble around in there for 5 minutes before he stitched me.

Great course. Eric's a great teacher and motivator and Chad's entertaining to have in the classes and knows his stuff as well.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:21:12 AM »

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 11:19:07 PM »
We have had a great time these past 3 days and we still have one more day to go. Tomorrow is the One on One with Eric Lund. THAT is going to be 100+ project.  We're turning him loose to do what he does best. We're just going to try to keep up and film him doing it.  We are excited and I know he is too.

We went out to supper and had a wonderful evening tonight with Eric..and he is the same genuine person off the course as he is on the course. Top notch guy and the more I am around him the more I find that keeps the levels of respect and admiration at a high.
 Chad is someone who you can't help but like and respect. His experience is phenomenal and his sense of humor is one which is right down my alley.. ( scary)  ;D ;D And Bryan, the instructor that was there the last 2 days is very very good at what he does and immediately is someone you will be a ease with.  I so like these guys very very much on a personal level. ......and
on a professional level...I really can't say enough about these 3 men and their teaching tactics. Not once did I see any ego coming from them or anyone for that matter. They never made it a show about "them". They never once talked down to anyone or over anyone's head. They were full of good advice and never did they correct a problem that they didn't back it up with a positive reinforced compliment.
The group of men taking this class were all  supportive, positive and upbeat with each other and the attitude of everyone at the end of the day mirrored the kind of instructors that they had teaching them all day long. ( The ultimate in compliment)

I was privileged and honored to be able to be around this group of great guys. ..and I learned so much even if I wasn't actually  taking the class.
But Eric did let me shoot his AR-15 with the suppressor.. I hit all the targets but one.. It rocked! ;D

I got a ton of great pictures and I can't wait to get them up here so you all can see them. As soon as Marshal and I get home for more than 1 day( which will be in another week) we will be working on this..

Hope someday you actually will  be lucky enough to get to take a class under these guys. I know that is on my "have to ..need to..GOT TO" list..  :D
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

jjbchaos

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 02:20:58 AM »
Looking forward to seeing the pics and video from that day.  It a great training and would happily do it all over again.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 07:04:59 AM »
Tacti-awesome!
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk