Author Topic: Federal right-to-carry legislation-Nationwide concealed carry reciprocity?  (Read 6275 times)

tombogan03884

...depends on the business category. We have a sandwich shop and it's about a thousand a year. When I was a GC, it was about 15% of my payroll. Independent Roofers have a hard time getting it at all and I think it's something like 20-25% of payroll, PLUS some of the companies make you insure yourself even though the owner can't collect.

I guess our government isn't watching THAT store either.

Your talking about an organization that could not show a profit selling hookers and booze.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
...depends on the business category. We have a sandwich shop and it's about a thousand a year. When I was a GC, it was about 15% of my payroll. Independent Roofers have a hard time getting it at all and I think it's something like 20-25% of payroll, PLUS some of the companies make you insure yourself even though the owner can't collect.

I guess our government isn't watching THAT store either.

Your clearly not in CA...  no ones rates are close to that.  Then again my Uncle who is building houses in ORs bonding and insurance is less a year then I pay in a quarter for 3x the coverage.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

Your clearly not in CA...  no ones rates are close to that.  Then again my Uncle who is building houses in ORs bonding and insurance is less a year then I pay in a quarter for 3x the coverage.

In MA, your workmans comp insurance is based on the industry.  We build heavy equipment so ours is rather high because the incident rate for claims is higher than say, an office environment or non-production environment.  We have a fifty ton crane!  It's big stuff, people get hurt, that's why the company has a safety team for every ten guys and keeps close track of any and all injuries.  They require a drug test for any accidents that occur on the premises.

TAB, you work in construction and the incidence rate of injury is higher because of the nature of your business.  That coupled with the fact that you live in California you poor fella.....

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
My comp rates are lower then anyone small biz owner  I know, an any industry.  A big part of that is the fact that I'm actually getting it from a trade union trust.  Whats ticks the hell out of me is, rates get so much cheaper the more employees you have.  Dealing with all the insurances and taxs are by far my biggest head ache.    If it was not for the fact that payroll services charge way to much I would be using one.

tombogan03884

That's because you are in Ca.

Sponsor

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
No the only real diffrence is the price...  other wise its still the same BS every were in the US.

tombogan03884

"No the only real diffrence is the price"

That's the part I meant.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
I blame it on the fruad and lawyers.     One of my clients is a workmens comp fruad investagetor... he tells me something like 70% of all comp claims are BS/fruad/milked for way to long.  This is a man that works for the state of CA, investageting State employees.  He says the worst offenders are higher ups that work in "public safety"( LEO, CO, FD... etc)

MinotBob

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Its a bad idea...

the only way I would ever be behind a nat'l CCW reciprocity law is, if all states have the same reqs, same  DQs and agree to it.  Trust me, we don't want the federal goverment steping in here... more so now then ever.

We MUST take what we can get and improve on it in the future. That's the tactic that was used by the anti's over the last 40 years.
Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
We MUST take what we can get and improve on it in the future. That's the tactic that was used by the anti's over the last 40 years.

the other side of that is if we pass a bad law and its abused/ struck down, it will taint all future attempts at simlar laws.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk