Author Topic: Surviving Disaster  (Read 3982 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 892
Surviving Disaster
« on: September 27, 2009, 11:52:48 AM »
Just sitting here answering phones and putting out fires ... typical weekend on call, and watching some tv.

On Spike TV, channel 168 on Dish, the have a show called Surviving Disaster.  I haven't watched it, but they are promoing an episode for Tuesday, Sept. 29, 10 PM E (I believe ... Like I said, between messing on here I'm actually doing some paycheck type work that takes my concentration).  The episode they are hyping is Home Invasion.  Could be a good one for more info and discussion.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Surviving Disaster
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 11:54:05 AM »
Just sitting here answering phones and putting out fires ... typical weekend on call, and watching some tv.

On Spike TV, channel 168 on Dish, the have a show called Surviving Disaster.  I haven't watched it, but they are promoing an episode for Tuesday, Sept. 29, 10 PM E (I believe ... Like I said, between messing on here I'm actually doing some paycheck type work that takes my concentration).  The episode they are hyping is Home Invasion.  Could be a good one for more info and discussion.

I'll pm you my address!  ;)
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 09:06:51 PM »
Coming up soon!

Was watching the Twins ... lose  :'(, and that is the only reason I remembered ... Thank God for channel surfing!

10:00 PM Central, tonight (Tuesday) on Spike
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 10:13:25 AM »
So far they have done:  Hijacking, Hurricane, and office building fire.

It is a mix of TBD and man vs. wild and the spike channel production style.   They do cover different topics that have not been given enough coverage before.  IMO they are mostly right, I haven't caught anything overtly dangerously wrong like on MvsW, but I don't think it is nearly as good as TBD for accuracy.

"Why are you carrying a pistol?  Expecting trouble?"

"No Maam.  If I was expecting trouble, I'd have a rifle."

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 10:26:42 AM »
Thanks for the update rw.  I was looking forward to seeing it, but right after posting the reminder I got called to work and missed it.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:17:30 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk