Author Topic: Student shoots self in leg at "Aim Fast, Hit Fast" training.....  (Read 11800 times)

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Student shoots self in leg at "Aim Fast, Hit Fast" training.....
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2010, 03:54:14 AM »
I use the Four Rules as listed on the IDPA.com website as like a checklist of when I hear of an AD/ND .

Usually for somebody to screw up badly enough for someone to get hurt or killed at least 2 but more like 3 of those rules were violated.

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Student shoots self in leg at "Aim Fast, Hit Fast" training.....
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2010, 10:24:00 AM »
That's crap. Words have meanings (to quote Rush ) For example, "Stupid" means you know better but did something dumb anyway, such as holstering a loaded gun with your finger still on the trigger.
"Ignorant" means you DIDN'T know any better and it bit you on the butt. But ignorant people use them interchangably.
That comment ignores the need to properly place responsibility for the event, and gun owners are SUPPOSED to be all about personal responsibility . If an individual is going to try to pass HIS F- up on the gun, by claiming "accident" when in fact HE SCREWED UP do you want to trust him with unsupervised possession of a loaded gun ?

-Your capital "supposed" is my point... it is an assumption or a wish, but it is not a reality. We know that gun shops sell guns to guys who don't know anything about using them and may have no concept of personal responsibility. This puts the gun in the hands of someone who is ignorant and is stupid. To me, that is a situation for shared responsibility at best. Fast forward to being on a range with someone who is reckless or ignorant of the procedures... the training partners and certainly any instructor or range officer need to assert responsibility.

I use the Four Rules as listed on the IDPA.com website as like a checklist of when I hear of an AD/ND .

Usually for somebody to screw up badly enough for someone to get hurt or killed at least 2 but more like 3 of those rules were violated.

...and that does nothing to solve the problem. As stated many times in the past, I think we need more than a list of rules and monday morning quarter backing in the area of safety.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk