Author Topic: Glock Issues Voluntary Recall Of Recoil Spring Assembly For Gen 4.  (Read 7923 times)

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Glock Issues Voluntary Recall Of Recoil Spring Assembly For Gen 4.
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 09:48:29 PM »

Any one old enough to remember the last recall on a 1911 ?   ;D

Give it time, now that Ruger is in the 1911 business it's inevitable. They seem to recall everything.  ;D
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 10:29:25 PM »
I've been trying for 3 days now to come up with some good "perfection" sarcasm.
You SOB's already used all the good ones.  >:(
Any one old enough to remember the last recall on a 1911 ?   ;D
Two words: Kimber Solo.
 "Gee I wanted to defend myself, but all I had were these plebian WWB hollow points. So sorry, its all my fault that my $750 SD pistol won't cycle every standard comercial round out there. I should have bought only hi-test rounds". ;D
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 10:51:21 PM »
Two words: Kimber Solo.
 "Gee I wanted to defend myself, but all I had were these plebian WWB hollow points. So sorry, its all my fault that my $750 SD pistol won't cycle every standard comercial round out there. I should have bought only hi-test rounds". ;D
FQ13

That isn't a recall, they are pushing that as a improvement.
People are to stupid to figure out it's not the same as only running high test gas in your Mazarati.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1134
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 10:55:37 PM »
The Kimber Solo isn't a 1911. The slide stop looks the same but other than that they don't have a lot in common.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 10:59:41 PM »
The Kimber Solo isn't a 1911. The slide stop looks the same but other than that they don't have a lot in common.
And yet to a Glock guy they are close enough for mockery. ;)
FQ13

Sponsor

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1134
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 12:03:27 PM »
Glock uses the JMB designed tilting barrel short recoil system. But that's not close enough for a 1911 guy.  :P
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 12:08:26 PM »
Glock uses the JMB designed tilting barrel short recoil system. But that's not close enough for a 1911 guy.  :P

I can see a real JMB collector would want that.

I tend to think the Glock is what JMB would have designed if he had the technology available back then. 
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2011, 12:23:00 PM »
And yet to a Glock guy they are close enough for mockery. ;)
FQ13

They both go bang when you pull the trigger, that's close enough for this "1911 guy"  ;D

I can see a real JMB collector would want that.

I tend to think the Glock is what JMB would have designed if he had the technology available back then.  

You're probably not far off the mark, although to meet US Army specs he would have added a thumb safety as an after thought.  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk