Author Topic: Reagan’s Childhood Home to Become Parking Lot for Obama’s Library Read Latest B  (Read 2774 times)

tombogan03884

http://www.newsmax.com/US/reagan-obama-library-demolition/2013/01/30/id/488082?s=al&promo_code=123D9-1

The University of Chicago Medical Center has announced plans to turn Ronald Reagan’s childhood home in Chicago into a parking lot for President Barack Obama’s library.

The Commission on Chicago Landmarks previously denied the Gipper’s home landmark status in 2012, according to The Washington Times, and the university subsequently scheduled demolition to begin in January. Officials claim the home does not reach landmark status because it is not architecturally significant and the nation’s 40th president did nothing notable while living there.

With the wrecking balls in place, it could be 90 days or less before the home is knocked down. In its place, a plaque would serve as the marker of the historic spot, according to university representatives.

Reagan was 4 when his family moved to the 832 E. 57th St. home in the Hyde Park District of the Windy City.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Whatever, when history looks back on their actions it will reflect the petty little people they are in the scrolls, by name, for all that care to see.

Whiny, little, B!TCHES....
He who dares wins.  SAS

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
http://www.newsmax.com/US/reagan-obama-library-demolition/2013/01/30/id/488082?s=al&promo_code=123D9-1

The University of Chicago Medical Center has announced plans to turn Ronald Reagan’s childhood home in Chicago into a parking lot for President Barack Obama’s library.

The Commission on Chicago Landmarks previously denied the Gipper’s home landmark status in 2012, according to The Washington Times, and the university subsequently scheduled demolition to begin in January. Officials claim the home does not reach landmark status because it is not architecturally significant and the nation’s 40th president did nothing notable while living there.

With the wrecking balls in place, it could be 90 days or less before the home is knocked down. In its place, a plaque would serve as the marker of the historic spot, according to university representatives.

Reagan was 4 when his family moved to the 832 E. 57th St. home in the Hyde Park District of the Windy City.

I wonder how many significant people made contributions to society when they were 4 yo.  ::)

You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 895
Let's see, we can honor both Presidents:  One because we have a home he lived in that could be used for some administrative, historic, or learning center; and the other by putting his library on campus.  But Nooooooooooooooooooo!  To honor the great one we will try to erase the memory of another.

This is a blatant message sent loud and clear of what Chicago, and Pres. BHO because he approves, thinks of Pres. Reagan.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1064
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
So, has every home or apartment of every president been preserved as a landmark? Probably not. Should they? Probably not. An airport, a ship, a ranch, a library and whatever else. Isn't that enough for crying out loud? DO we want to be like Rome where everything is a monument? I think not.
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

tombogan03884

Would you rather remember a local connection to Reagan or Obama .
Obama is still in office and I try not to remember that every day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk