Author Topic: 22lr ammo  (Read 8458 times)

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 22lr ammo
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 05:38:06 PM »
tom, I agree that there are hoarders of all sorts of weird things but since we are talking about ammo people are hoarding ammo too.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 08:11:39 AM »
I stopped by Cabela's yesterday. They had PMC .223 Ball for $9.99 a box, (normally $5.49 pre Sandy Hook), and you would think it was a fire sale by the way they were all pushing each other out of the way to grab it! Meanwhile, they had plenty of Hi-Cap magazines on the rack, and I was the only customer in that isle. I picked up 2, 20 rounds +2 Mec-Gar's. One for my Beretta 92 FS, and another for both my Sig P-226's.

After Sandy Hook it was just the opposite. They had plenty of ammo, but no magazines. This is what I cannot understand about people. What has changed? They always seem to want what isn't avaliable. If there is another high body count school shooting, they'll strip every magazine off every J-Hook, at double the price no less. And they'll really think they scored when they do it.

I remember after right after Sandy Hook they had pallets of 9 MM and .45 ACP Ball for $13.95 and $21.95. Very few takers. Now that they have nothing, they'll go nuts when it comes in at no less than double in price. Apply this mentality to a grocery store after a major disaster or financial meltdown, and there will be blood flowing. I swear sometimes high prices alone lure prople in.

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 11:26:50 AM »
If you are still crying over ammo supply, then you are looking for it in the wrong stores and have not secured a supplier who has no trouble acquiring the ammo you need. I'm good with what I have but do need to resupply some black powder for my muzzle loaders before next season. If you are in the business, then hoarding is called planning ahead. For those not in the business?
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2013, 05:00:02 PM »
Was out on the Spyder this PM with my wife and we happened to stop into a WM she knew of along the way and what to my eyes should I see......Federal 115 gr. fmj 9mm ammo.  Yes boys and girls 9mm ammo.  7 boxes of 50...limit 3 per visit....$13.97 plus tax!  Best price for 9 I've seen in months.  Paid for my 3 and hurried out.  They had .22 ammo too but didn't check out price and limit cause I have enough for now.  Lucked out a second time when we pulled in the garage about 5 minutes before a MAJOR thunder storm came rolling thru.

FWIW

Lucky Richard

PS: Maybe I should have played the Lottery too!  LOL
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 05:27:48 PM »
This past ammunition shortage is opening a lot of eyes, and showing what supply and demand is capable of. I once read that during the California Gold Rush in the 1850's, a new Colt revolver sold in and around San Francisco for over $360.00 at the time. In Hartford, Conn. the same gun could be had in quantity for $38.00.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:44:30 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk