Author Topic: Armed To Save Lives  (Read 3332 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Armed To Save Lives
« on: July 09, 2008, 10:35:42 AM »
JOHN STOSSEL does an editorial in the NY Sun that takes on the Media for bashing the Supreme Court Decision:

http://www.nysun.com/opinion/armed-to-save-lives/81470/

My favorite portion of the article:

Thomas Jefferson: "[W]hat country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Jim Urban

• Top Forum Member
  • Stay Frosty-Stay Safe
  • Liked:
Re: Armed To Save Lives
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 01:43:08 PM »
Now THAT is a fair and balanced article.

Both Mr. Stossel and The N.Y. Sun editors deserve to be recognized with Pulitzer Prizes and free S&W snubbies.
S&W 340PD....I Won't Leave Home Without It.

tumblebug

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 06:27:48 PM »
OUR BROTHERS DO SPEAK FROM TIME TO TIME.GOOD TO HEAR+1 to infinty and beyond.

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 08:16:32 PM »
Very good article, but I doubt 20/20 will do a story on it :(
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 09:27:48 PM »
"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there and they'll make a crime report and take a picture of your dead body.

Very good article, but I doubt 20/20 will do a story on it :(

Yeah, that just isn't MSM material, just like the slow and steady victories in Iraq, one after the other, or the Betencourt rescued from FARK in Columbia. You know what FARK is; TERRORISTS! Didn't hear that on 20/20 either,...

Stossel is a good guy, kinda has a George Carlinesque, way of pointing out the idiocy of a situation. ''

Good article, i'll have to save it,... Thank You.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:01:38 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 02:57:55 AM »
"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there and they'll make a crime report and take a picture of your dead body.

Yeah, that just isn't MSM material, just like the slow and steady victories in Iraq, one after the other, or the Betencourt rescued from FARK in Columbia. You know what FARK is; TERRORISTS! Didn't hear that on 20/20 either,...

Stossel is a good guy, kinda has a George Carlinesque, way of pointing out the idiocy of a situation. ''

Good article, i'll have to save it,... Thank You.

Not to be a nit picker, but this kind of Info is my "thing" . The name is FARC, it stands for "Armed Revolutionary Forces in Columbia
but in Spanish  ;D

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 05:02:42 AM »
Not to be a nit picker, but this kind of Info is my "thing" . The name is FARC, it stands for "Armed Revolutionary Forces in Columbia
but in Spanish  Grin

Thanks tom.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 06:01:06 AM »
There were many truths in social structure at that time that were so universally known and accepted that they were not mentioned in any specific manner but remain uncontestable today. "The general access to air and water shall not be infringed"? Don't remember that one in there. Open for debate? No.

Militia use only? Hardly.

Justice Stevens probably believes the venison the Founding Fathers dined on during the Convention was the result of a voluntary deer surrender.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

CZShooter

• IDPA SO/MD, NRA RSO
  • Top Forum Member
  • CZ75...the choice of anime's hottest bounty hunter
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 06:58:41 AM »
I can hear the founding fathers now:

"You think we should put something in there about guns?"

"Oh, that's just stupid...who in there right mind would even think about that. After all we've been through...that's how we put food on the table and keep our families safe"

"I don't know...some moron's going to come along and say 'hey, this thing doesn't say you can have guns'"

"You're right, we better add that in there"
If the women don't find you handsome...they should at least find you handy.

tumblebug

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 04:27:27 PM »
 X ring

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk