Author Topic: Springfield XD Subcompact .40  (Read 3056 times)

KW Gary M

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Springfield XD Subcompact .40
« on: June 30, 2008, 10:43:50 AM »
I just bought my XD last week.  Put about 500 rounds through it of different brands and types.  I really liked the Winchester SXZ that are only available at Bass Pro Shop.  Been told the Hornady Tap are really good.  I couldn't find them at Bass Pro.  Anyone have an XD Subcompact .40 that they can share good and bad ammo experiences on?

TacoMalo

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Springfield XD Subcompact .40
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 11:52:19 PM »
I just got mine a few months ago but it eats anything I feed it, I don't think I've had a single problem with it or any specific ammo.  I used to have an xd40 service and that was an ammo eating machine not a single problem with it. 

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 08:58:59 AM »
I just bought my XD last week.  Put about 500 rounds through it of different brands and types.  I really liked the Winchester SXZ that are only available at Bass Pro Shop.  Been told the Hornady Tap are really good.  I couldn't find them at Bass Pro.  Anyone have an XD Subcompact .40 that they can share good and bad ammo experiences on?

try Sportsmans Warehouse for the Hornady Tap. If they don't have it they will order it for you.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

atmiller

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 10:47:01 AM »
Like all XDs, mine is extremely reliable.  Since it is a short-distance carry piece, I just put Winchester Rangers in mine for carry.  Practice with WWB, Blazer Brass, or reloads. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk