Author Topic: What Is The "Dark Web" ??  (Read 1916 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
What Is The "Dark Web" ??
« on: October 04, 2018, 02:13:36 PM »
Does anyone know about this? If you go on it will they show up with a battering ram to knock down your door? I heard you need a special "TOR" browser to even get on it. But you can't be traced. They say all types of illegal activity takes place on it, but it's not illegal to "browse" it. Is there anything worth looking at? I'm not tech savvy, so if it's too complicated, or a bunch of bull$h!t, I'll pass. I just wondered what it's all about?

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 71
Re: What Is The "Dark Web" ??
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 03:03:53 PM »
First rule of the Dark web...NEVER talk about the Dark Web. ::) ;) ;)
Best to stay away from it, Not a good place to go unless you have military grade anti hacking software.

https://www.komando.com/tips/402350/what-the-dark-web-is-and-how-to-access-it
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 585
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 06:07:22 PM »
Stay away from the dark web.  They can hack your brain through your monitor or keyboard.   :o  :o  :o   It will change you into something horrible...maybe something like this:

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1123
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 12:42:43 AM »
It always sounded to me like you can buy illegal drugs, weapons of mass destruction, sex slaves, or anything else you want on the dark web. If you're going to hire a hit-man online, not a great idea, the dark web is the place to go.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 05:45:52 AM »
What made me ask about this, was I watched a crime show yesterday afternoon, and there was a young hacker who was working with some guy from Bosnia on some kind of credit card information scheme. He had gotten caught by the government breaking into NASA's computer a few years earlier, and the Secret Service actually hired him, and promised to drop all charges if he was willing to show them how he did it.

Naturally he did, but he couldn't stay straight for long. He made millions of dollars with this Bosnian guy on this credit card money transfer scheme, before they finally caught up with him. He was only 26 years old, and he had a big Tupperware tub buried in his parents backyard with over $1 million dollars in it. They said he conducted all of his transactions on the "Dark Web", which is why the government had such a difficult time tracing everything to him. But over time they obviously managed.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:18:05 AM »

bulldog75

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 09:25:53 AM »
Bitcon. If the site wants you to pay with bitcon it is more than likely a Dark Web service. Think of the internet as a ice berg. Top of the iceberg what sticks out of the water is regular internet. Military, banking industry is under the water line uses a crypto which is just under the water line that no one sees. The dark web is at the bottom. 
Citizens sleep peacfully at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1453
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 10:43:18 AM »
The "Dark Web" should really be called the undocumented web.
There is nothing really special about it other than the IP addresses of the various sites are not published anywhere and they purposely keep themselves out of various search engines.

Most people will also use some sort of masking software or browser to gain access to them. The most popular of these is called TOR short for "The Onion Router". Hundreds of thousands of users have set up TOR routers around the world. The TOR web browser will connect to this network of routers that will "route" that connection through numerous random routes making them virtually imposable to be traced. (although I now think the U.S. government has the ability to do so to some extent) There is no search engine for the dark web so to get to any particular site you HAVE to know it's I.P. address and the only way you can get that is by word of mouth.

At least this is how I understand it.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1123
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 09:57:55 PM »
Your credit card information can be bought there for $20 if your account is hacked or your card lost, etc. Everything has a price, and it's all right under our noses but we can't see it.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk