Author Topic: Ideal firearms battery  (Read 6189 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1134
Re: Ideal firearms battery
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 11:27:15 PM »
As a bare minimum I would probably get these calibers in these brands;

2 .45 ACP pistols -Para compact and full-size
.45 ACP Mech-Tech CCU for 1911
12 Ga. shotgun - Rem. M11-87
5.56mm AR-15, 20" flat-top - ?
.22 rifle - Ruger 10/22
.22 pistol - Ruger Mark III
.44 Mag - Super Blackhawk 5-1/2"

Then when I get around to it;

.380 PPK
9mm pistol - compact ?
.357 Mag D/A - GP100 4"
.22 WMR NAA Mini with .22 LR cylinder
.22 RWS Model 52 air rifle
30mm ammo for PegLeg  ;)

I wouldn't replace my Contender and spare barrels. I'd use that money for ammo. No more 20 gauge shotgun, and only one each .22 rifle and pistol. Probably no more lever gun or other deer rifle.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

IndependentRealist

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 10:14:15 AM »
In my opinion a two gun battery is optimal. A (compact) size handgun for CCW,vehicle,home/bedside defense,open carry. A (pocket) handgun for ultradeep concealment or backup to your primary (compact) sized handgun.Having a (pocket)gun will also allow you a spare if your primary/compact is in the shop or temporarily lost/stolen etc. This is a minimalist battery. It works and is sufficient. Can you own more? Yes, but a two-gun battery is fine. It will allow the average person to focus any extra money on training with these two weapons and less money on looking for that perfect gun.

IR

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 10:23:16 AM »
22 rifle
30.06 rifle
9mm for carry
44 mag. revolver
12 ga. shotgun
AR 15
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 11:04:40 AM »
In my opinion a two gun battery is optimal. A (compact) size handgun for CCW,vehicle,home/bedside defense,open carry. A (pocket) handgun for ultradeep concealment or backup to your primary (compact) sized handgun.Having a (pocket)gun will also allow you a spare if your primary/compact is in the shop or temporarily lost/stolen etc. This is a minimalist battery. It works and is sufficient. Can you own more? Yes, but a two-gun battery is fine. It will allow the average person to focus any extra money on training with these two weapons and less money on looking for that perfect gun.

IR

That's fine for personal protection ,but what about everything else, predator control, hunting, etc. ?

IndependentRealist

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 02:31:57 PM »
That's fine for personal protection ,but what about everything else, predator control, hunting, etc. ?
I would be able to hunt with my (compact) as far as predator control my (compact) would work as well.

IR

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:17:51 PM »

rojawe

• Top Forum Member
  • To the Republic for which it stands One Nation
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 06:12:22 PM »
Since so many idiots voted for Obama all we will have is cork guns, that's a big maybe :'(
EMPLOYERS STOP THE FLOOD E-VERIFY WORKS

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1134
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 11:58:48 PM »
You could put an eye out with that.  ;)  See! It just happened to my smiley.  ;D
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 07:15:01 PM »
Glock Models 17, 17L, 18, 19, 20, 21, 21SF, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39

Hehe! Aint I a hoot ;D  ;)
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 08:19:34 PM »

FN Spr .308 w/Leupold 3.5x10 M3 mark 4

Remington 870, 1 J frame although there are 2 in the picture, glock 17

The para c-7 Lda, although the C-6 is a pocket rocket.

Model 57 S&W, Model 29 ok too,

Model 18 S&W .22 lr

Model 39a Marlin .22 rifle.

Model 625 S&W .45 acp could substitute for the Model 57 as I also load .45 super, and it shares ammo with the 1911.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

sanjuancb

• Top Forum Member
  • The years teach much which the days never knew.
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 09:09:21 PM »
Benelli Nova (12 ga) with full choke set (everything from cylinder to XXX Full Turkey and a rifled choke) and 28" barrel.

Add an 18" barrel and I'd be pretty good in most situations...

;D

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk