Author Topic: Community Organizers Pray TO President-Elect Obama  (Read 3048 times)

CurrieS103

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Community Organizers Pray TO President-Elect Obama
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 09:57:55 AM »
Thats sick.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 907
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 10:15:01 AM »
The only thing worse than the prayer is that the President did not put an immediate stop to it!

The fact that he let it procede shows that he condones it.

Next, I read the history of this group, but I could not find anywhere who the clergy were that were leading this group and prayer.  Any more insight?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 10:30:37 AM »
Blasphemy!

There is a little known theory called the Samer Theory that might explain what is going on here. The Samer Theory holds that radiation from microwaves, telecommunications, remote controls, Bluetooth devices, etc. are slowly cooking our brains and making many in society crazy.

I’m just sayin’ it’s a possible explanation.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:46:34 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 907
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 10:36:40 AM »
Blasphemy!

There is a little known theory called the Samer Theory that might explain what is going on here. The Samer Theory holds that radiation from microwaves, telecommunications, remote controls, Bluetooth devices, etc. are slowly cooking our brains and making many in society crazy.

I’m just sayin’ it’s a possible explanation.

Blasphemy ... Yes!!!

Excusable ... No!!!

Reasoning ... General erotion of our foundations, work ethic, and personal responsibility!  In other words, the end of the American Way that the Founding Fathers and our ancestors fought so hard to give us.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 10:40:31 AM »
FTA; "The community was beset with poverty, political corruption, gangs, disease, deteriorating housing and inadequate schools; but most of all it was beset with a sense of powerlessness. The organization successfully engaged people to change the conditions of the community. Its motto was, “We shall decide our own destiny.” And to a large extent and for some time, they did just that."

Which has led to a showcase community " beset with poverty, political corruption, gangs, disease, deteriorating housing and inadequate schools; ".
Maybe they WANT IT that way.

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 12:43:58 PM »
Blasphemy ... Yes!!!

Excusable ... No!!!

Reasoning ... General erotion of our foundations, work ethic, and personal responsibility!  In other words, the end of the American Way that the Founding Fathers and our ancestors fought so hard to give us.
M, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?  Quoting the Samer Theory was a tongue-in-check "explanation," not an excuse.  ;D

I agree that it is a sad view that some people have elevated Caesar Obamas to a god.  I found a definition of an Imperial Cult.  Perhaps this provides a framework for what the video shows us.

Definition of and Imperial Cult:

An Imperial Cult is a form of state religion in which an emperor, or a dynasty of emperors (or rulers of another title), are worshiped as messiahs, demigods or deities.

"Cult" here is used to mean "worship," not in the modern pejorative sense. The cult may be one of personality in the case of a newly arisen Euhemerus (Greek mythological figure-look it up) figure or one of national identity (e.g., Ethiopian Empire or Empire of Japan) or supranational identity in the case of a multi-ethnic state (e.g., Imperial Era China, Roman Empire). A divine king is a monarch who is held in a special religious significance by his subjects, and serves as both head of state and a deity or head religious figure.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 12:50:58 PM »
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

david86440

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 10:24:05 PM »
I really do feel sick after watching that video..........

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk