Author Topic: G27 or P239 9mm  (Read 3642 times)

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: G27 or P239 9mm
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 11:53:09 AM »
I shot an early G26 and 27 with factory ammo...not much between the two.  The owner wasn't sure about the 27 until he did the side by side and then said he wished he hadn't bought the 26 because the 27 wasn't that bad.

FWIW

Richard

PS:  I wish now I'd gotten an early 26 (here I go again) without the finger grooves!

Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1072
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 03:16:30 PM »
Recoil wise I couldn't tell much of a difference. They're both small guns, so its a little zippier than in a full size pistol, but no big deal. I went with the G26 because I already had nines and the mags are interchangeable. Add this to the fact that 9mm is cheaper than .40 and it was a no brainer. If I were starting from scratch, I probably would have bought the G30 in .45. .40 always struck me as a somewhat silly compromise caliber. Not tht much better than 9mm, and not near the oomph of a .45. Nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't seem worth the extra ammo cost. Your mileage may vary.
FQ13

Actually, I agree with FQ's statement. One is as good the other..... if you have it with you when it's needed. I also (at one time) wished I'd bought the G30 instead of the G27, but I ended up re-thinking that one during the great ammo shortage of 2009........ because around here, the ONLY handgun ammo available on a regular basis was .40 S&W. So I was able to shoot and practice more with the G27 than if I'd have bought the .45 (still can't buy .45 ammo around here).

Anyway, the G27 is a great gun (and I was once a notorious Glock hater). I like it for it's size/weight/power. And, for a short barrel, it is scary accurate. I probably won't own another Glock (unless a too-good deal comes along on the G30), but I won't get rid of my G27 either.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

soonerboomer

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 11:45:30 PM »
Personally, I went with the G26.  Its proven.  It's got tons of aftermarket.  Mine is perfect and controllable with the GAP mag plates.  No other compact like it in my perspective.

garand4life

• Top Forum Member
    • My Blog
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 01:27:52 AM »
cough... cough M&P9c/40c... cough... cough
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
"If you know your enemy is bringing a gun to the fight, bring 2..."
http://www.youtube.com/natetinstman  -
Save $10 on your NRA membership by going to http://garand4life.wordpress.com