Author Topic: TACTICAL LEVER ACTION  (Read 118176 times)

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: TACTICAL LEVER ACTION
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2008, 08:17:52 PM »
HAZ , I'm surprised that you would say that. I support all shooters , just not when it comes to a tactical . And whats this about those who do not agree with AKs and ARs? I will surely
agree with those who have other tactical rifles, if they do the job. I hope I did not give the impression that I don't support those that don't agree with me. Just trying to put my .02 worth. Sorry if I stepped on toes . NOT.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2008, 08:19:02 PM »
time to sell it, fix it, or trade it for an AK that works every time.  :D Just sayin man.

Fix it.  The mags don't sit right.  I have talked to my smith, he says it can be made right.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2008, 08:21:59 PM »
HAZ , I'm surprised that you would say that. I support all shooters , just not when it comes to a tactical . And whats this about those who do not agree with AKs and ARs? I will surely
agree with those who have other tactical rifles, if they do the job. I hope I did not give the impression that I don't support those that don't agree with me. Just trying to put my .02 worth. Sorry if I stepped on toes . NOT.

I think you stepped on a tail not toes.
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2008, 08:28:10 PM »
2How,

I may have reacted a bit stongly, sorry.

It just gets my goat when "a man is trying to do with what he has" and others (seem) to tell him it ain't enough.

We HAVE to support each other and if we do, we will all learn to use what we have to better effectiveness.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2008, 08:55:19 PM »
HAZ, I agree 100% , I didnt read it as its all I got type of post . I would support any type of self defense with any weapon. If all I had was a Lever , I would be cryin for imput . But too many cheaper shooters for defense out there . Sorry dont see the point.

Sponsor

« Reply #95 on: Today at 04:54:48 PM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2008, 08:59:21 PM »
HAZ, I agree 100% , I didnt read it as its all I got type of post . I would support any type of self defense with any weapon. If all I had was a Lever , I would be cryin for imput . But too many cheaper shooters for defense out there . Sorry dont see the point.

I see it this way.  I can spend for a new gun AND training or I can spend to train on what I have,  Sometimes that makes a big difference.  And if I can learn to use another gun that I have (many of us have a good semi and a lever) then I am better prepared and maybe I can pass new, good knowledge along.

keithm

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2008, 10:23:39 PM »
I've been following this thread since my initial comments in it.  And my position has shifted some.  Now I find myself seeing each side of this argument squarely from the middle.  To illustrate this, let me boil this down to extremes, and then look at a sliding scale.  On the far left of the scale is a single-shot break-barrel 30-06.  On the far right of the scale is an NFA registered full-auto BAR. 

You can argue that the single-shot rifle is woefully inadequate for home defense or any other tactical application.  It's been outdated for a long time.  But then you can argue that if it's all you have, it's a damned good idea to be proficient with it.  And if it's all you have, then yes, it absolutely beats trying to defend your home/property/whatever with a 9 iron. 

Likewise, you can argue that the full auto BAR is WAY overkill, and that it opens too many liability and other legal problems after the fact.  But to counter that argument,  if you're in a deadly force encounter and you have a BAR, well... you'll probably be the one who's alive at the trial.  Judged by twelve versus carried by six and all that.

So where we are, is really a matter of splitting hairs.  Many of us believe that due to weapons advances of the past fifty years, the lever gun is way too far to the left on that scale.  It seems that many others feel they don't NEED to be quite so darned far to the right of that scale.  But the reality is, both positions are correct.

VP - West Virginia Citizens Defense League
http://www.wvcdl.org

tombogan03884

« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2008, 03:15:09 AM »
My M1 is not reliable at this time.  Too many FTF.

Plainfield ? They were notoriuos for that, but probably Mags.

Fix it.  The mags don't sit right.  I have talked to my smith, he says it can be made right.

Darn it Haz, you got me again ;D Bearing in mind what I said earlier about Rifles for home defense, I prefer an AK, when i pull the trigger I KNOW it will go bang, it's short and as handy as an M- 1 carbine, and considerably more powerful. However, if the choice were AR or Win mod 94 .30/30 (common Deer gun around here) I would choose the Winchester, I've got 30 years experience with the M-16 / AR - 15 and would not choose to stake my life on the .223, Any of the lever gun calibers mentioned has better stopping power. But before you 2 get seriuosly p!$$ed at each other read Keiths post, You each have the guns you PREFER to shoot, The best gun for any emergency is the one you are the most skilled with, that would be the one you shoot the most, IN OTHER WORDS, THE ONE YOU PREFER.
If Haz had the best AK in the world and 2How had a .45/70 lever gun neither would be adaquatly armed because you would not be comfortable, familiar, or skilled with that weapon, trade them and it's a differant story, Now it's late, and I need to read the Joke thread before I crash.  ;D

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2008, 06:39:12 PM »
I see it this way.  I can spend for a new gun AND training or I can spend to train on what I have,  Sometimes that makes a big difference.  And if I can learn to use another gun that I have (many of us have a good semi and a lever) then I am better prepared and maybe I can pass new, good knowledge along.
  I agree 100% if I had to choose between an expensive or a cheaper gun and had money for training I would do the latter. I guess I see it that most lever guns are too expensive. I would probably buy a cheap semi and get some training.  So I guess we agree. ;D

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2008, 08:53:21 PM »
Works for me, 2How! 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk