Author Topic: NEW SAIGA AK AT GUNSHOW JOINS THE FAMILY!!  (Read 5981 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
NEW SAIGA AK AT GUNSHOW JOINS THE FAMILY!!
« on: January 23, 2010, 05:11:43 PM »
Holy smokes, the gun show guys are getting it, what 2 months ago was almost $600, is now $350...

For instance, a NIB, Saiga AK 7.62x39, had to get it.

Rat Dog and "toes" are for posterity,... ;D

Antique Assault weapon, with new,....

$349.00 out the door, showed me the tag from two months ago at $549.00 THEY ARE GETTING IT!!!

Polymer stock, throughout, made in Russia. Any tips and tricks are greatly appreciated, I will be changing the rear stock for a shorter/adjustable version...

Yeah, I got an AK!!!!

He threw in 2 Promag Polymer Mags, and I picked up 200rds, for 50$... ;D
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
Re: NEW SAIGA AK AT GUNSHOW JOINS THE FAMILY!!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 06:00:42 PM »
Shoot it!

Shoot it some more!

Get that toe looked at by a professional.

Shoot it some more  ;D

Nice pick up!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 06:01:32 PM »
Shoot it!

Shoot it some more!

Get that toe looked at by a professional.

Shoot it some more  ;D

Nice pick up!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 06:35:48 PM »
Good to see the prices getting reasonable..and nice find..

Tapco makes a Fusion or Infusion stock for it.  Length adjustable and a fore end with some reails.

I use it on my Saiga 12g. 

The 12g is very picky about magazines.  Check the Saiga website and forums for recommendations.  The AK is probably less sensitive than a shotgun.

Enjoy =)
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 06:46:47 PM »
A lot of dealers are in the same boat right now. They ordered a bunch of stuff during the glut and it sat backordered.

Now all the orders are coming in at the same time and they are sitting on a ton of inventory that they need to move. That means better prices for us.

Sorry about your AK.   :-X
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:06:55 PM »

Badgersmilk

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 07:34:31 PM »
Great buy!  Congratulations!

Now SHOOT, SHOOT, and then SHOOT!  If you hit that toe get a picture. 

bulldog75

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 07:36:15 PM »
My better half wants me to get something like that and at a reasonable price.
Citizens sleep peacfully at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 10:10:41 PM »
 Nice find TW, Check out the ATI Fiberforce stocks.

WIshooter

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 10:12:44 PM »
twyacht, just in case you are not aware, make sure you understand 922r compliance.  
A stock Saiga rifle is not supposed to have a greater than 10 round mag.  If you want to have a pistol grip, standard cap mag, or any other "non-sporting" addition you have to make sure you have no more than 10 imported parts that they count against compliance.  
For example a stock saiga 7.62x39 has 14 parts that they count with the imported mag installed.  A US made mag would be 3 parts(body,follower,floorplate).  This still leaves 11 imported.  If you replace the piston with a US made piston, this would bring it down to an acceptable 10 imported parts count.  Or if you wanted to put on a drop in US made pistol grip stock instead of changing out the piston this would work as well.  
This is my understanding of these dumb laws, if you have not looked into section 922r you should do so.

I have the same rifle.  I plan to convert it back to the AK geometry with a tapco G2 trigger and pistol grip, and a US made stock.  I think they are a great value as is, but loose the balance of a pistol grip AK, and the stock trigger is not as good as a G2.  

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 07:31:55 AM »
Thanks for all the input. The Version 03 I purchased has a "Acceptance Certificate" with a certificate of conformity to 922r. Here in Florida, it is not really an issue, these are distributed through Russian American Armory in Indiana. Stamped on the receiver and are compliant, with as you said "dumb law"..

The only thing I want to change is the stock, and that's about it, I didn't get it to accessorize, I got for "zombies". ;) The 30 rd. mags,....well,....They are Promag, and readily available in the wonderful state of Florida.

They're lucky they were sold out of the 40rounders,.....

It is also stamped with a symbol, according to pg 15 of the manual, "sign of product conformity to the National System of Certification and code of Agency for certification of civilian and service weapon."

Thankfully, it is not as rigidly enforced here in Florida as it is in other states.

Can't wait to light it up!!!

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk