Author Topic: So its half in hour til 08....  (Read 3113 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
So its half in hour til 08....
« on: January 01, 2008, 01:30:29 AM »
I  got done closing the books on 07( last year it was not done til april 14th   ;D)...   GD I wish had my gross income...   Its  almost 13x what I actually made  :'(

Oh yeah, I just finished taking apart my new used and abused delta elite, its going to be my new comp gun, still depating between 40 or 10 mm.  Just cleaned off a bunch of rust.   Time to start ordering new parts   :)
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: So its half in hour til 08....
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 02:47:06 AM »
TAB, Go big or go home, the .40 is nowhere, the 10mm brings you out of the  closet. Especially with a comp. Keep the delta pure. A real pistol that can be carried in a real holster and do real damage.  I wish I had gotten one when they  were just expensive. I spent the last few hours trying to order the parts I need to finish my new AR15 build. The website was not giving me my discount on everything, it would be ok , if it did not do it at all, but it was really only about 75%. So I'll call it in Wednesday. Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I probably should not post after 10 on New Years Eve.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 03:38:36 AM »
 I supose I should post picks of the gun... i don't think it ever saw a drop of oil since it left the colt factory.  The private party transfer and the dros fews were more then I paid for the gun.( the safe handling demo was fun... would not go into battery)

Lots of surface rust no really pitting.   So pretty much every thing but the slide and frame is going in the trash.

I've got 2 other delta elites that are stock, I figured I would do something diffrent with this one.   

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 06:42:01 AM »
TAB,

You need to document this every step of the way.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 12:04:54 PM »
TAB...

Keep it 10mm would be my call.The Delta Elites were pretty cool guns in theri own right. m25 is correct is that 10mm is a real thumper, and I've never had that overly huge respect for a .40 (I've written that given my druthers, I'd rather have a 9mm or a .45...I'd be willing to toss 10mm onto that list).

Secondly, from a purely pragmatic sense, .40 1911s are a thorough pain in the ass when it comes to magazines. I have an STI Trojan .40, and it may be the most accurate 1911 I own. It is also an endless fight with the magazines (and overall length issues with the reloaded cartridges). Tens don't seem to share those problems.

Build back the 10!

Michael B

PS: Filming SHOT SHOW TV, I got to handle a new Dan Wesson 1911 Commander-sized gun with an Ed Brown bobtail in 10mm...VERY NICE GUN! I can hear it calling me...parenthetically, in my parts bin, I have a full-size 10mm Caspian slide cut for Novaks and a 10mm Wilson match barrel I picked up when they were discontinuing 10mm stuff. Now you've got me thinking...

Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:33:16 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 04:56:57 PM »
. Now you've got me thinking...

now you know just as well as I do that thinking just leads to spending money.   I try to avoid that.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 05:02:50 PM »
Boy, is that ever true!

mb
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV