Author Topic: Interesting article on guns and the election  (Read 3455 times)

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

camacho

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Interesting article on guns and the election
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 04:38:05 PM »
THE GREAT WILD CARD in all this is the National Rifle Association. The Washington Times recently reported that the organization was considering breaking with tradition by making a primary-election endorsement. Head lobbyist Chris Cox cited the "front-loading" of the process -- if neither party picks a true Second Amendment defender, there'll be no one worthy of a general-election NRA endorsement. The organization doesn't want to sit out the way it did in 1992 and 1996.

That's been my sentiment all along. I wish the NRA does that. Otherwise we'll end up in the general election with either Obama/Clinton vs. Romney/Gulliani. They are all bad!

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 07:22:42 AM »
Seems to me it's too late to make an endorsement. Fred has tanked and will likely be announcing his withdrawal in the days following the Ia caucus.

I suppose the NRA could endorse the Huckster and Richardson but altho the Huckster may very well win Ia I don't think he can win the nomination. Richardson isn't even in the running.

camacho

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 09:09:27 AM »
Seems to me it's too late to make an endorsement.

Time is running indeed, however, if the nomination gets hotly contested between Huck or McCain on one side vs. Romney/Rudy on the other, NRA's endorsement may tip the balance and give the nomination to a candidate other than Gulliani or Romney.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk