Author Topic: Preparing for civil unrest  (Read 2555 times)

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Preparing for civil unrest
« on: February 24, 2010, 01:04:48 PM »
Other things are not mere rumor. When the federal government established a North American Army command in 2002, its purpose wasn't to repel foreign invaders. It was domestic operations—something long and rightly forbidden by the Posse Comitatus Act. In February of 2009, when military commanders in Canada and the U.S. signed a pact allowing their armies to operate inside each other's country they didn't even bother to get authorization from Congress—an illegal and unprecedented move. And once again, the purpose was handling "domestic civil emergencies

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/wolfe118.html
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
Re: Preparing for civil unrest
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 06:59:27 PM »
Good catch.  Well worth reading. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 02:36:54 AM »
I have not read the article yet but I wanted to make sure 1 thing is understood clearly.
The Posse Comitatus act was a reaction to federal occupation of the CONQUERED Confederacy.
It was not even considered by the Founding Fathers because they felt there was no other justifiable use for an Army than defending the lives and homes of The People.  Based on the many expressed fears of "Abuse of citizens rights " it's fairly obvious that they were other wise perfectly comfortable sharing their town with a Military Garrison .  According to the reasoning in the "Federalist Papers" it was originally intended to use only militia, but many factors rendered that plan unworkable.
The US maintained a small cadre of Professionals to maintain the Frontiers, and Territories, unless actively at war until  after WWII.  Maintaining a strong Naval Service as our projectable power.
That was why there was a Navy Dept. and a Dept. of War, One provided the day to day "thuggery" "International Relations and Trade, while the other is only called up when SERIOUS  Stomping is needed.

The subject is rather irrelevant, since this is NOT "Peace Time" as the Ft. Hood attack shows.

I also think you will find that the G has long had ways around the act through the "War on Drugs". That was one of the excuses used for using military "advisers" in the Waco murders.

So beware of "Posse Comitatus" it violates the Founders intentions, and is probably not enforceable .

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 02:57:24 AM »
It is enforceable, and a good thing, for the day to day stuff. Obviously things slip through the cracks like Waco and a prison riot in Atlanta where Delta was present as "observers'. It was basically a live fire excersize for them. But as a general rule, it does maintain the cop's rules/soldier's rules distinction. However, all it takes is the stroke of a pen to change that. A declared "state of emergency" and the Act goes up in smoke.
FQ13 Who again will say that if you think most troops won't obey orders, you haven't had military training. They will.

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 09:03:06 AM »
The essential truths remain in acquiring all the "3-Gs" you can muster:  Guns, Gold, Groceries.  They are each good for the primary, intended purpose and extra can be bartered for what you might need or want.  Liquor is also a great barter tool.

Of course, things like ammo, water, fuel, are also necessary and are considered sub-sets of the 3-Gs.  Stockpile what you can.  If you take meds, have at least a 90-day supply.  If your dog takes meds, don't forget about him.  If your girlfriend takes meds, it's best not to mention it to your wife.

To this, I would add a fourth G--don't forget God in this equation.   Find a church where you feel comfortable with the parishoners.  Go regularly.  Make friends.  This can become a first rate support group with a strong interest in "watching each others' backs." 

And being reminded that God is in charge can be a bit of comfort if things go really south.

Crusader
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:20:04 AM »

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 07:29:58 PM »
FQ13 Who again will say that if you think most troops won't obey orders, you haven't had military training. They will.

Fatman who fully agrees. Coworker / Marine reservist stated he would follow an order to go door-to-door and disarm his neighbors, but would die defending his personal weapons.  ???
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

Woody

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 10:02:23 AM »
Good read, I prep every week for phase 3 and 4. When they take every ones pensions, and initiate this, some will be in shock.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 04:54:00 PM »
level 1,2,3 or worse,....kick in my door, and you will be treated as such....

if I can make run for it, with fellow like-minded folks, and we will, than we're already at level 4, and will not go quietly into the night.

"How long would the Nazis have kept it up...if every Jew they came after had met them with a gun in his hand?"
Walter Mathau - Fail Safe - 1964

Fatman who fully agrees. Coworker / Marine reservist stated he would follow an order to go door-to-door and disarm his neighbors, but would die defending his personal weapons.  Huh?

>:(  That's BS right there.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American.... [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
(Tench Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.)

I think the military would be better off utilizing our own Air Force against us. The house to house crap will be viewed on the world stage, and many folks that I know, will not be "rounded up" by any dictatorial state of emergency that suspends my Constitutional rights.

They want war on the streets of American cities? (should it come to that), it's exactly what they are going to get.

I won't be the one to initiate violence, but I won't be a sheeple/lemming/cattle led away either.

Keep your stocks up.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk