Author Topic: Most support Arizona immigration law  (Read 5840 times)

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Most support Arizona immigration law
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 10:05:09 AM »
Thats been the case since the Immigration Act of 1965 which set aside preferences for European (eg culturally homgenousnations) and just opened it up to national quotas and made "family reunification" a priority. This isn't me being racist either, hell neither the Italians, the Poles or the Irish, or the Laplanders or other Finns ( ??? ??? ???) were regarded as white back in the day. Its just that post this (Ted Kennedy sponsored Act) we haven't been able to exersise discretion as to which country's immigrants would best serve OUR national interest, rather, we just play firt come first sered by national quota. Am I crazy, racist or evil fronm thinking I'd rather have immigrants from Ireland, the UK, Oz, NZ, or Canada then anywhere else based on language and culture? Is it wrong to then prefer those of Western Europe, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong and Vietnam along with Argentina and Chile for the same reasons?
FQ13 who is no one's racist, but would like to remind folks that it was the disgusting amount of racism in the US in the early sixties, the Soviet's gleeful and useful exploitation of this to score PR points, and our own lemming like desire to be PC, even after the racism has been addressed, that leads to an open border.

Trust me you wouldnt want to allow poms or new zealanders in   ;), canandians hmmmm 50/50,  aussies of course are the exception, and preference should be given to those wanting to bring in their own firearms and agree that Obama is a turd.
 just saying is all...
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

JdePietro

• M14 Patterned Protagonist
  • Top Forum Member
  • "Neither Spare nor Dispose"
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 07:20:35 PM »
I hope I am as understood as I think I am.  :P

I can understand the powerful, emotional side of the argument, I can understand that people are fleeing for their lives and seeking refuge, I get it. BUT running from a problem doesn't fix it. I have met some very intellegent and influential Mexican immigrants. They came here seeking the American dream and did so mostly because they could not achieve this in their home land. My problem is that they don't choose to correct that issue, they flee here and utilize a system that I for one don't believe we deserve or should have and elevate themselves. I would never detract from the betterment of a person but why not take that same passion and apply it to your country? Why can't Mexico become the next great super power? If half of the people that attempt an escape from Mexico invested that same time and energy in bettering their own country it would happen.

A perfect example of this is Italy. How many times has it been the greatest nation in the world? How many times was the red sea been nothing but an Italian lake? How much of our culture is influenced by that perseverance? Everytime the country collapsed it picked itself right back up again. That could not have happened if the people there didn't care and relied on the rest of Europe to fix their country.  I don't understand how you can care so little for your heritage. How you can leave behind your neighbors, friends and family and decide that you are going to make it on your own and send back what you can. Worse you are going to make it thanks to the charity of others and send that back. For what? To be spend where?

Mexico has the resources, it could be a great place, instead it is abandoned. In that context I do not feel pity for those fleeing. I don't feel sorry for the families that are split up, or the lives that are lost. It is done under a flag of greed, of self importance. My grandmother (bless her southern heart) had a saying. "Put out a bird feeder and you always get squirrels."
How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
-Henry David Thoreau

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 02:22:06 AM »
To answer your questions about Italian greatness, the answer is never, the Romans achieved Greatness.
The Italian Nation has never been anything more than a 2nd rate country propped up by the Church and Romes reputation.
They seldom even finish a war on the same side they started on.
Also, Rome was more or less a ghost town for several centuries during the Dark ages . Rome is truly dead. It does not live on in the nation that now occupies that space any more than the Glories of the Arab world survived the coming of Islam.

NH native, and Revolutionary war General John Stark  (Live Free or Die ) helped found the City of Manchester by hacking a clearing out of virgin Forest about 250 years ago, since then, we have gone from that primitive beginning to walking on the Moon.
Where have the Mexicans gone  ?  East LA.
In 400 years of continuous settlement We built a fair and Prosperous society that is the envy of most of the world.
In 600 years since Spaniards first arrived in Mexico they have built a culture of Corruption based on oppression and laziness that makes their statehood a joke.
I have seen this with Massholes moving up here, You will not exert a good influence that will bring Mexico to our level.
What will happen is they will reduce our country to a 3rd world shithole like they left.

McGyver

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 10:18:00 AM »
Well put tombogan!

I don't see any other way to stop it, other than getting tough and CLOSING the borders on the ILLEGALS!
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
On John Wayne's Tombstone

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 09:28:59 AM »
The media however, does not:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2010/05/06/mrc-study-12-1-abc-cbs-and-nbc-rip-arizonas-immigration-law

By 12 to 1, ABC, CBS, and NBC Rip Arizona's Immigration Law

The tone was strongly hostile to the law and promotional to the "growing storm" of left-wing protesters: 37 stories (or 74 percent) were negative, 10 were neutral, and only three were positive toward the Arizona law's passage -- 12 negative stories for every one that leaned positive.

Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:22:02 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk