Author Topic: Balance of Speed & Precision App for iPhone, iPod Touch, etc...  (Read 12638 times)

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
We've been wanting something like this for a long time and finally got a version that I think works really well.

The new app was just released at iTunes... it allows you to customize several settings so that you are given randomized commands to engage the exact targets that you have set up on your range.

Those of you familiar with the concepts know that I stress the tying of some information processing to the execution of the complex motor skill in regard to defensive shooting training. With this app, instead of just shooting on a buzzer (a basketball "free throw", if you will), you will get a command that could direct you to shoot one of several targets in whatever way you wish (single shots, multiple shots, one handed, etc). Because you can set up targets of different sizes or at different distances, you don't get the "free throw" that you can anticipate, you have to adjust your deviation control appropriately for the exact target conditions indicated by the command.

Check it out:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/combat-focus-shooting-balance/id371923885?mt=8

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Balance of Speed & Precision App for iPhone, iPod Touch, etc...
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 07:34:09 AM »
Cool.  Huge benefit for guys like me that are lucky to get solo range time, let alone a training partner.

I am an Android guy, is there a chance for a google version?  Or am I going to have to buy an iPod
"Why are you carrying a pistol?  Expecting trouble?"

"No Maam.  If I was expecting trouble, I'd have a rifle."

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 08:11:43 AM »
Cool.  Huge benefit for guys like me that are lucky to get solo range time, let alone a training partner.

I am an Android guy, is there a chance for a google version?  Or am I going to have to buy an iPod

hehe  time to get an iPod Touch  ( you know you want one )

Rob    would this also work for dry fire practice drills for those that can not get to the range ??

I have a couple of apps that I have been using 
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 08:56:48 AM »
hehe  time to get an iPod Touch  ( you know you want one )

I will borrow my 14 YO's iPod to try it.  He already has the surefire shot timer and a couple ballistic calculators on his Touch.

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 09:11:34 AM »
I will borrow my 14 YO's iPod to try it.  He already has the surefire shot timer and a couple ballistic calculators on his Touch.

the surefire one is cool  I have that one   

there is some real cool stuff out there   and more and more coming as people think of it
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

Sponsor

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 09:22:23 AM »

hey guys... Yes, we are working on the app for the Google OS.

As for Dry Fire, in theory, yes it would "work"... but unless you are using a laser trainer to verify point of impact, you could be doing WORSE than just wasting your time by 'practicing' the wrong thing. Even the laser training doesn't really get you practicing properly (no recoil management being the main reason) for defensive shooting. 

-RJP

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 01:16:57 PM »
hey guys... Yes, we are working on the app for the Google OS.

WOOHOO!!

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 01:33:42 PM »
bump for a status update on the android version.

ETA????

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 02:37:32 PM »
I am waiting for the Android version too.  Heck I want the Surefire app for Android as well.  I guess I will just have to wait a bit longer..

-Bidah
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 09:25:44 AM »
I am waiting for the Android version too.  Heck I want the Surefire app for Android as well.  I guess I will just have to wait a bit longer..

-Bidah

There are other ballistic calculators available, but no shot timer or training tool :(

I never thought of Apple fanboys as more gun friendly  ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk