Author Topic: Looking for a .357 load.  (Read 8239 times)

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Looking for a .357 load.
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 09:15:08 PM »
I think the heavy bullets are a good idea for the pins, especially if the bullets have a big meplat, ( flat point on the end of the bullet ), I just know if you kick them up to 1200 fps, the muzzle flip is going to get your attention. You don't want to penetrate the pin, that is lost energy.

On a side note, looking through my loading manuals for you, I found my " Principles of personal defense " by Jeff Cooper, that little book disappears for yrs at a time, thanks. ;D
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

huntnelk

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 10:09:01 PM »
m25 I glad I could help you find your book.  I went ahead and loaded 1/2 dozen with 11.2 of Win 296 just to see what they would be like, that was Hornady's low end for there 180 gr XTP.  Recoil isn't bad at all and they seem to hit fairly hard.  I'm gonna load a few more at that, then put them through a chrono and see where I am at.  The guy who cast them for me has a pin shoot set-up on his range so I will see how they work on actual pins.  Thanks again

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 05:50:09 PM »
m25 I glad I could help you find your book.  I went ahead and loaded 1/2 dozen with 11.2 of Win 296 just to see what they would be like, that was Hornady's low end for there 180 gr XTP.  Recoil isn't bad at all and they seem to hit fairly hard.  I'm gonna load a few more at that, then put them through a chrono and see where I am at.  The guy who cast them for me has a pin shoot set-up on his range so I will see how they work on actual pins.  Thanks again
You are goning to have to let us know how this load worked.  ;D
There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

huntnelk

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 10:19:50 AM »
Finally got a chance to shot at some pins.  They seem to work good as long as you hit that sweet spot they push them off quite quick, best of all barrel jump is a lot less than i thought it would be so I dont waste any time going to the next one.  But i just got a 1911 and it throws them off the table a lot better...big surprise!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk