Author Topic: Wilderness Tactical Belt advice needed  (Read 7046 times)

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Wilderness Tactical Belt advice needed
« on: March 20, 2007, 06:46:58 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm ordering a Wilderness Tactical Instructor's Belt and would appreciate any advice on which stiffness and width I should get for carrying a Smith and Wesson 686 4" revolver (stainless steel about 40 oz).  I want it for concealed carry and have a Desantis Speed Scabbard OWB.  Both my Woolrich Elite belt loops and scabbard cutouts are 1.75" so either a 1.5" or 1.75" belt width would fit, but which would work better?  Also, the Instructor's Belt comes in three degrees of stiffness (3 stitch, 5 stitch, and polymer insert), with the 5 stitch being their best seller (combination of stability and flexibility for comfort), but again which would work best?

Lastly, they also do a titanium buckle option, but only with a 1.5" width belt.  I like the look, but is it worth $55 more just for the buckle?  The basic model is $34.95  So Michael, which one do you wear and do you have any recommendations?  I did see the Galco version of the exact same belt today in a gunshop that was also very nice for about $50, but I've never seen a Wilderness Tactical and am going by what I have read and heard about its great quality.  I did like the metal tab at the end of the belt on the Galco that made for easier threading through the belt loops.

Any advice?

Thanks very much guys.
Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
Re: Wilderness Tactical Belt advice needed
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 08:50:06 PM »
1.5 inch plain steel buckle. I have one of the reinforced ones for competition, and the plastic buckle for travel.

Actually, I think I have 5 of them, including a 1 3/4 inch from when I shot IPSC stuff (which I may do again...me being taken with the P220 Target SAO).

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 09:01:00 PM »
Thanks Michael.  Which stiffness do you recommend for a S&W 686 revolver, the 5 stitch or the polymer insert?

Much appreciated.

Hey...how about a special run of Wilderness Tactical belts with an embroidered SG duck!! ;D
Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

Rock44

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 11:00:57 AM »
I have 4 of them all 5 stichers,even the ring ones work great.the only belt I found that really holds up the pants.the 1.5 will work but if you feel you need a 1.75 get them both in different colors :)

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 01:33:07 PM »
I have 4 of them all 5 stichers,even the ring ones work great.the only belt I found that really holds up the pants.the 1.5 will work but if you feel you need a 1.75 get them both in different colors :)

Thanks Rock.  I just ordered a 1.5" 5 stitch in Coyote Brown........and a titanium buckle.  I couldn't resist as it looks great.  Besides, if you ever need to replace the belt portion, you can send back the titanium buckle and for $29.00 they will replace the nylon and re-install it into your buckle.  Good deal.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:07:28 PM »

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 01:39:46 PM »
I just ordered a 1.5" 5 stitch in Coyote Brown.

Please provide pictures of said belt on a pair of Elites with said holster and gun.  ;D
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 03:04:44 PM »
Please provide pictures of said belt on a pair of Elites with said holster and gun.  ;D

Donnnnnnnn..........You just want to see me in my pants, don't you?  We haven't even been properly introduced.... :-*

As I don't have the belt yet, (patience, patience) if you scroll down on this link, they show a photo of the Wilderness Coyote Titanium Instructor's Belt....sure is purdy isn't it?

http://thewilderness.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=374

Supposedly, according to Wilderness Tactical, it not only looks good, but it doesn't set off metal detectors at airports.  I just need to remember to remove the 686.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk