Author Topic: Lever Action Carbine?  (Read 25795 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lever Action Carbine?
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 09:56:08 AM »
Rossi makes a sweet little lever action carbine in 45 Colt. I have no logic behind that recomendation. I got to shoot one recently and it was a hoot.

I've got the Rossi Puma 18inch ported .454 / 45 lever.  Love it!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 10:03:08 AM »
I've got the Rossi Puma 18inch ported .454 / 45 lever.  Love it!

I saw one of those in Stainless Steel with a black, (Ebony?), stock and it looked good!  Bill T.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 10:12:27 AM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 10:44:19 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlMb62rIfqc&feature=player_embedded

Now this is a LEVER GUN!  Bill T.

Mine's a pretty good thumper with 325 grain bullets ;)

All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 10:56:40 AM »
Haz, did it come with that recoil pad installed?  Bill T.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:32:07 PM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 11:09:35 AM »
Yep.  I changed the sights and removed the safety (put the rear sight there), but the recoil pad is standard (and needed!)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 02:09:30 PM »
30/30 will always be around, especially in the back country towns, we'll "assume" one has to run to if the SHTF.

Love the 45Colt round, and in a lever action is very good. But 30/30 ammo is actually cheaper, than others listed.

Thanks billt, glad to see your not a "lever" gun fan.... ::)

Only pic I had of my Model 94, 30/30 Winchester A.E. (pre-japanese), and 1891 Mauser. NO TOES! ::)

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 07:35:58 PM »
I got a .44 magnum Trapper model so I would have ammo compatability with my Contender pistol. If I didn't want a pistol caliber I would get a 30/30 instead. They come in a trapper model too but I would stick with the 20" barrel for rifle calibers.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 08:37:03 PM »
Got to agree with whats been said about 30-30. Good all round cartridge and available EVERYWHERE. I have Marlin and Winchester. Marlin is my choice when I'm in the woods.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 08:46:26 PM »
in lever action rifles I have 3 .22rf (2 Marlin 39 and a Winchester 9422)
A 1866 Uberti in .38 Special
a 1872 Uberti in .357 mag
a Winchester 94 Buffalo Bill Commemorative in 30-30
and a Marlin 1895CB in 45-70.
I used to have a Rossi 92 in .357 but sold it to a friend in a moment of weakness. I figure I'll be able to find ammo for at least some of them in a SHTF scenario  ;D ;D

sorry but no pictures(yet)
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk