Author Topic: What is the difference?  (Read 8206 times)

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
What is the difference?
« on: February 10, 2008, 09:12:58 PM »
OK, I have had a few folks tell me I would "throw away my vote" by voting Libertarian (I don't blame them, I have used this excuse in the past myself).  My question though is what the heck is the difference between McCain and Clinton and Obama?  I don't care what McCain is telling us about how Conservative he is, he is full of bull.  He is the main culprit behind the gutting of the 1st Amendment with his so-called "Campaign Finance Reform" (and we all see how this helped, when they have all spent record amounts of money this election!)  He is for many types of gun control, including private party sells at gun shows, the so-called "gun show loophole", which as we all know is not a damn loophole, it is the law!  Face to face sells between individuals of the same state is perfectly legal and always has been, no matter if the sale takes place at a gun show or at your Wal-Mart parking lot.  He was against the Bush tax cuts.  He is not just week on illegal immigration, he down-right stinks on this issue.  I know, what about the Supreme Court nominations?  Well, what about them?  You think he would nominate a Clarence Thomas?  No, but he would a David Souter!  Besides, if the Dems retain control of Congress, even if he did nominate a Conservative judge, they would never approve him/her.  No sir, boys and girls, I feel this year is the year I will vote Libertarian.  I don't think McCain has a snowballs chance in Hell of winning anyway, but even if it was neck and neck, I refuse to vote for the "lesser of two evils" ever again.  And it beats sitting out an election in disgust too. 
Life Member of the NRA

airdrop

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: What is the difference?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 10:07:14 PM »
I made that very statement the other day " I'm tried of voting for the lesser of two evils" Dam we need a Constiutionlist Party!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 11:03:41 PM »
gunman,

As long as you vote you are not throwing your vote away.  People look at where every vote goes.  I was one of the so called idiots that voted for a pro wrestler here in Minnesota.  Guess what ... our state did not float down the Mississippi or burst into flames.  We have had a couple career politicians disappear never to be heard from again over the inferiority complex it gave them .  We provided jokes to the Nation for four years, operated just fine, and told the pros that we are damn tired of their crap and will take a stand to show it.

Vote your beliefs, and be counted.

Send letters to your leaders and tell them what you think.

If you are at your State Capital or our Nation's Capital, make an appointment, stop in, sign the guest register and make yourself heard.  I personally can not agree with 95% of Rep. Walz views, but I went to his DC office, signed the book, and I left a polite note expressing my views.  I also had a very good discussion with his aides while there.  Please, Thank You and Honesty will get you a long way.

The world is run by those that show up ... DON'T  BE  ABSENT !!!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

howlrwy

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 10:56:47 AM »
Above all remember to vote correctly for Congress, both Senators (if one of yours comes up this time) and even more important right now the House.  We need to start rebuilding from that area.  Regardless who gets in as the president, Congress is the place to control him or her.  Don't let your votes go to waste by not voting, it's the right our fore fathers fought to give us and we need to exercise it.

NRA Life Member

jamaro

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 04:18:54 PM »
For me... It is all about the VP and his/her stance on gun control...
Jason
www.thenewmexicosportsman.com updated 2/5/08
Visit My website... I update it weekly...
www.thenewmexicosportsman.com

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:44:00 PM »

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 07:30:57 AM »
For me... It is all about the VP and his/her stance on gun control...
Jason
www.thenewmexicosportsman.com updated 2/5/08

Dick Cheney aside, the VP doesn't do squat when it comes to issues. algore was ignored in the WH, ya know.

A Dem prez WILL sign an AWB. A Dem prez will withdraw from Iraq causing it to go up in smoke. A Dem prez means most likely Dem pickups in congress making it impossible for Rep to block legislation. Nor should we count on Rep pickups in 2010/2012. A Dem prez means liberal appointments to the SCOTUS.

McCain equals Obama/Hillary. Not really.

jamaro

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 09:30:52 AM »
Well... Recently Cheney went OVER bushes head to support opposition to the DC ban...

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=25&sid=1342257

I don't like either of them and I don't want to through away a vote and I am hoping there is someone with my ideals...
I really hope somebody picks up Bill Richardson for VP...

J

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 09:34:18 AM »
I have to lean towards Huck at this point if for no other reason that it will send a message to McCain that people don't like what he has done in the past.

Dick Cheney aside, the VP doesn't do squat when it comes to issues. algore was ignored in the WH, ya know.

A Dem prez WILL sign an AWB. A Dem prez will withdraw from Iraq causing it to go up in smoke. A Dem prez means most likely Dem pickups in congress making it impossible for Rep to block legislation. Nor should we count on Rep pickups in 2010/2012. A Dem prez means liberal appointments to the SCOTUS.

clay is right, the Dem Prez WILL sign the AWB and pull us out of the Middle East,  a Republican, even a RINO, MIGHT.  recently here in Southern MD and on Fox/CNN there was a poll that said that McCain had the best chance of winning against Clinton but even moeny against Obama.  So many people from both sides of the aisle positively HATE Hillary but will vote party line on Election day no matter what.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

jamaro

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 09:42:00 AM »
One of the outdoor mags called Huck one of the most influential people becasue what he did in his home state to support hunting and fishing...  I also leaning that way...

I have a bad feeling that the Old School RNC is going to through McCain under the bus and offer him up to the DNC.

Jason

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 09:53:50 AM »

Actually on all of the issues you mention in your post yes, McCain = Hilbamma
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk