Author Topic: The benifits of foriegn immagration to the US  (Read 3031 times)

tombogan03884

The benifits of foriegn immagration to the US
« on: October 14, 2010, 02:29:37 AM »

As if the Wop's weren't entertaining enough, now we get the Sopranoski's.   ::)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101014/ap_on_bi_ge/us_medicare_fraud_arrests

NEW YORK – A vast network of Armenian gangsters and their associates used phantom health care clinics and other means to try to cheat Medicare out of $163 million, the largest fraud by one criminal enterprise in the program's history, U.S. authorities said Wednesday.

Federal prosecutors in New York and elsewhere charged 73 people. Most of the defendants were captured during raids Wednesday morning in New York City and Los Angeles, but there also were arrests in New Mexico, Georgia and Ohio.

The scheme's scope and sophistication "puts the traditional Mafia to shame," U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said at a Manhattan news conference. "They ran a veritable fraud franchise."

Unlike other cases involving crooked medical clinics bribing people to sign up for unneeded treatments, the operation was "completely notional," Janice Fedarcyk, head of the FBI's New York office, said in a statement. "The whole doctor-patient interaction was a mirage."

The operation was under the protection of an Armenian crime boss, known in the former Soviet Union as a "vor," prosecutors said. The reputed boss, Armen Kazarian, was in custody in Los Angeles.

Bharara said it was the first time a vor — "the rough equivalent of a traditional godfather" — had been charged in a U.S. racketeering case.

tombogan03884

Re: The benifits of foriegn immagration to the US
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 02:42:50 AM »
The Russian" Mafiya" first started showing up in America in the late 80's with Cigarette scams, and drugs. the Mafia first met them in the early  90's when one of the NY crews stumbled on the gas tax scam, Some former Soviet buys a gas station gets a line of credit from a gas supplier then sells the gas like normal and pockets the tax money for a short term scam they don't pay for the gas either, but the real money comes from running it longer term and just keeping the tax.
Their access to huge quantities of weapons, up to, and including  Submarines, (Whiskey class if I recall, I heard PepsiCo bought at least one $100.000, delivered.) and Nukes made them attractive business associates.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 02:50:33 AM »
Ah, free enterprise (literally in this case). Imagine what the USSR would have been had Stalin not shot the Russian entrepeurs. On second thought, maybe he had the right idea. ;D
FQ13

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 11:24:47 AM »
Interesting when you consider that without a tax on gasoline and the hand out of Medicare, those two scams would not work.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

mosbear

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 11:58:42 AM »

As if the Wop's weren't entertaining enough, now we get the Sopranoski'sSopranian.   ::)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101014/ap_on_bi_ge/us_medicare_fraud_arrests

NEW YORK – A vast network of Armenian gangsters and their associates used phantom health care clinics and other means to try to cheat Medicare out of $163 million, the largest fraud by one criminal enterprise in the program's history, U.S. authorities said Wednesday.

Federal prosecutors in New York and elsewhere charged 73 people. Most of the defendants were captured during raids Wednesday morning in New York City and Los Angeles, but there also were arrests in New Mexico, Georgia and Ohio.

The scheme's scope and sophistication "puts the traditional Mafia to shame," U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said at a Manhattan news conference. "They ran a veritable fraud franchise."

Unlike other cases involving crooked medical clinics bribing people to sign up for unneeded treatments, the operation was "completely notional," Janice Fedarcyk, head of the FBI's New York office, said in a statement. "The whole doctor-patient interaction was a mirage."

The operation was under the protection of an Armenian crime boss, known in the former Soviet Union as a "vor," prosecutors said. The reputed boss, Armen Kazarian, was in custody in Los Angeles.

Bharara said it was the first time a vor — "the rough equivalent of a traditional godfather" — had been charged in a U.S. racketeering case.

Small correction first, Tom.
U.S attorney's name from the article sounds like a good Irish name too ;D
Jocks aside, this is more about ineficiencies of the government run programs then about the sophistication of the criminals.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:02:27 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 12:45:17 PM »
It's not that criminals are that organized, it's that LE is that f&#ked up.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 06:26:25 PM »
Re: The benifits of foriegn immagration to the US - based on the title, why isn't this thread blank?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 09:25:31 PM »
Because introducing "out of the box thinking" is so beneficial to society.

( And because I'm a sarcastic pr!*k,  Do we need supplies in the corner ? )

mosbear

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 12:29:41 PM »
It's not that criminals are that organized, it's that LE is that f&#ked up.

I didn't know Dept. of Health and Human Services has the LE branch. :o :o :o

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 12:53:15 PM »
Believe it or not, the FDA even has a SWAT team.  Deli ninja's ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk