Author Topic: Ruger .308 Scout Rifle Released!  (Read 58780 times)

Timothy

Re: Ruger .308 Scout Rifle Released!
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2011, 08:34:39 PM »
I punch thousands of parts like these every week.  Sometimes, a few bad ones are going to slip through.  Most of the time it's because some beancounter needed to make his monthly revenue goals...

tombogan03884

« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
My bet is the sheet slipped in the clamps or else "the new guy" sanded it off when he was deburring his parts.

Tim, you working a punch press now ?

Timothy

« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2011, 08:54:30 PM »
My bet is the sheet slipped in the clamps or else "the new guy" sanded it off when he was deburring his parts.

Tim, you working a punch press now ?

I meant figuratively, we have an Amada turret punch, two Trumpf lasers and one Prima laser.  I develop and program for all three at this place in addition to anything else they need me to do.  I don't physically run the turret press but I can operate the lasers if I boned up on them.  I haven't had to and probably wont.  I can't work in the shop too long anymore because of my broken old body...things have been going pretty well lately..

ECVMatt

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2011, 08:57:52 PM »
Yeah it is really a minor thing. The mags are built hell for stout, so I have no worries about them. I am hoping the C-Products will just exchange the mag body with me and all will be good.

Whit Spurzon

• Forum Member
    • Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle Blog
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2011, 09:58:05 PM »
Range reports gentlemen. Range reports!
FQ13

I've had mine at the range a few times and last weekend I took it for a walk in the woods.

For a bolt gun I'd have to say it is pretty handy - not quite Winchester 94' handy but easy carrying none the less.  The detachable magazines NEED a pouch to make them handy.  I started out just carrying them in my pockets but they are bulky, the corners make it uncomfortable in trouser or shirt pockets - not bad in the coat though - and the weight of a loaded magazine feels unnatural in a pocket.  I ended up putting my spares in my pack and carrying loose cartridges in pockets.  MUST find a good pouch for these...

I ended up firing about thirty rounds on my walk, all plinking shots at knots on logs, pieces of bark and a plastic soda bottle.  For most of the shooting I used a 115 grain cast bullet (Lyman 311008) over 3 grains of bullseye.  The report is rimfire like and it is very accurate in the Ruger GSR.  It was great fun.  Touched off a few higher power loads and they performed as expected on the targets I had - accurately, with authority and impressively.  The Hornady 165 grains JSP Interlock bullet is a winner in this rifle.  My best results have come with it over Varget and IMR 4064.  IMR 4895 is showing very positive signs too.

Five shots, irons sights, 50 meters, Hornady 165 grain JSP over IMR 4064.

Overall I am pleased with this rifle.  I'm enjoying the testing process and look forward to many more walks with it.

Sponsor

« Reply #115 on: Today at 06:01:41 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2011, 10:03:03 PM »
Nice grouping Whit. You and the rifle both did a great job.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2011, 10:15:58 PM »
Old time Amada man here  Tim, ;D  Octo, Pega, Coma, King  Turrets from 8 to 72 stations. Still hear the pounding in my sleep sometimes  ;D I like the Trumpf Press brakes better than Amada though.

ECVMatt

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2011, 11:47:49 PM »
Whit,

You might give these a try...

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Tactical-Single-5-Round-AICS-AW-Magazine-Pouch.html

I ordered some and they will be here tomorrow. They seem well made; I guess I will know tomorrow.

ECVMatt

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2011, 04:14:36 PM »
Just a quick update from C-Products:

I contacted them last night via their website and received a call at 9:00 AM this morning. They are shipping me a new mag today and sent a return label so I could send the other mag back for their inspection. I offered to handle this through MidWay, since that is where I bought the mag, but they stated that they wanted to handle it themselves.

I would say that is pretty darn good customer service. C-Products will be getting more of my business.

BikerRN

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2011, 04:05:16 AM »
After reading this report on another forum I was encouraged to try two C-Products magazines myself.

I look forward to testing the five and ten round magazines I ordered.

Biker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk