Author Topic: Every Day Carry Knife - what do you carry  (Read 48766 times)

Timothy

Re: Every Day Carry Knife - what do you carry
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2011, 06:47:35 AM »
Can you post the specs on that one sledge? As a guy living in the land of roadside canals and having electric windows, the seat belt cutter and window breaker make this a must look at item.
Thanks.
FQ13

A spring operated center punch breaks windows with a single push.

10 to 20 bucks depending on quality.

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2011, 09:16:36 AM »

So will an old spark plug..... ;) so they say  :-X
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2011, 09:44:56 AM »
Can you post the specs on that one sledge? As a guy living in the land of roadside canals and having electric windows, the seat belt cutter and window breaker make this a must look at item.
Thanks.
FQ13

http://www.buy.com/prod/navy-seals-assisted-opening-pocket-knife-and-rescue-tool/q/sellerid/17727562/loc/68687/220171933.html
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2011, 12:31:08 PM »
http://www.buy.com/prod/navy-seals-assisted-opening-pocket-knife-and-rescue-tool/q/sellerid/17727562/loc/68687/220171933.html
Thans Haz! That's  a much nicer price than the $85 Sledge's cost. Given that I'm only interested in the seat belt cutter and glass breaker bits I don't care much about blade quality. I know that a screw driver will break a window just fine, but if I need to cut myself free of a belt in a panic situation (like when I'm injured in a car rapidly filling with water say) I'd as soon not get slash happy around my belly with a sharp knife. It might attract the gators. ;)
FQ13

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2011, 04:46:37 PM »
Thans Haz! That's  a much nicer price than the $85 Sledge's cost. Given that I'm only interested in the seat belt cutter and glass breaker bits I don't care much about blade quality. I know that a screw driver will break a window just fine, but if I need to cut myself free of a belt in a panic situation (like when I'm injured in a car rapidly filling with water say) I'd as soon not get slash happy around my belly with a sharp knife. It might attract the gators. ;)
FQ13

If thats the case get one of these and hang it on your key ring about 7.00 off sleazebay including shippping.
Link

Or one of these: (cheaper still)

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 02:49:00 PM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2011, 08:09:07 PM »
Thanks to you both. I've got my Spyderco delica for steel (generally on my body if I'm wering pants), the rest is just an E-kit. I think I'll go with with Haz's selection as having an extra knife in the truck, in case I forgot my pants, is always a good thing. ;D
FQ13

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 865
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2011, 08:34:13 PM »

The nice thing about these center punches is that you do not need to swing or hit anything.  Just put the point against the glass and press. 
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

droggsey

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2011, 07:20:42 PM »
I have been carrying the BenchMade Mini-Griptilian for about a year now, the thing is awesome. The BenchMade Axis lock is 100% better than any liner lock that I have ever used. I also don't think that I would ever go back to a thumb stud after using the thumb hole design.

http://www.benchmade.com/products/555HG

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2011, 08:10:07 PM »
Back on the subject of EDC knives, I bought myself a Christmas present this year that didn't go bang.  I really like this thing.  It comes out of my pocket open and ready to roll.  On the rare occasion that I pull it out closed, I, too, am developing an affinity for the thumb hole.   ;)
http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=226

P.S.  And in a pinch, it does a decent job of opening beer bottles.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2011, 11:03:27 PM »
The nice thing about these center punches is that you do not need to swing or hit anything.  Just put the point against the glass and press. 

and if you ever need to center punch something you know where to find it...

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk