Author Topic: Ruger SR9c Springs  (Read 2802 times)

Timothy

Ruger SR9c Springs
« on: February 26, 2011, 06:42:48 PM »
So, my SIL walks into the local gun store.  He's looking at a few things and some elderly woman walks in with a NIB SR9c with two factory mags, extensions, never fired, to ask Denis the proprietor if he's interested in buying it off of her.  Denis is busy doing something as usual.

Mike (SIL) steps in and offers the lady 200 bucks for it she takes it, saying "I was only going to ask 250 so you saved me the transfer fee!"...so, Mikey has a new toy and damn his good fortune!

So, even though I hate him for his luck.....we have a question.

How often do the guide rod recoil springs need to be replaced?

thanks in advance,

Timmy

Bob G

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ruger SR9c Springs
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 11:47:35 AM »
I would guess you could easily expect to get a few thousand rounds before it becomes a issue. I have about a thousand through mine and it is still very tight!

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 06:43:40 PM »
I would guess you could easily expect to get a few thousand rounds before it becomes a issue. I have about a thousand through mine and it is still very tight!

Thanks Tele!

I would guess you play the guitar?

Hows Coos Bay?  I visited there back in the 70's for a drunken weekend with my Navy buds.  They were stationed at the Naval Facility, sonar station the Navy had there back in the day!  Beautiful area, nice little town though most of it I saw at night!

;D ;D

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 08:25:30 PM »
Lucky guy. Hope he likes it.

jstm

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 08:55:17 PM »
5,000 for a Glock+- ymmv

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:47:39 PM »

MikeO

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 03:50:07 PM »
They will work reliably for 12,000 rounds over just a few days according to Sweeney's torture test of the SR9.

In the compact SR9c? Who really knows? Considering how cheap they are, every 3500 - 5000 is probably a good idea. What does the manual say, if anything?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk