Author Topic: Zombie Killers  (Read 24649 times)

Timothy

Re: Zombie Killers
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 05:34:53 PM »
Considering we graduate over a million students every year that are illiterate, it's no wonder!

Ya gotta aspire to something in life!  Zombieism is easily a minimum wage gig, ain't it?

Paraguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 05:37:09 PM »
When I was a teenager in the '80s there was a documentary on Zombies called "Thriller" which had a profound impact on me and others of my generation.  Just a matter of time until the dead come to life again and we are due (every 25-30 years.)  

I suggest we perpetuate the Zombie concern, my gun safe is much fuller because of it; you never know.  Got my eye on a Mossberg Cruiser, the ultimate Zombie deterrent.
Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 05:43:37 PM »
I forget where I read it, but there was an article about zombie movies verses alien invasion movies. Basically zombie infestations were better than invasions because, with zombies, you could still hang out at the mall, or break into Bill Murry's house and drink his liquor. If there was an alien invasion, everything would get blasted to hell and you'd have to make a drastic change to your lifestyle just to survive. With zombies, just make sure you had plenty of ammo (or a piano for zombie kill of the day) for your trip to the store and gas station.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 05:53:52 PM »
Go to Amazon and check out the number of zombie books...

mb
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 06:15:29 PM »
Twitchers.   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:10:22 AM »

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 06:19:25 PM »
Those scenes took 2 14-hour days and 2 additional 8-hour days to film, because we DIDN'T point the guns at our zombies...it took a minimum of 5 separate camera shots (and a very wide lens!) to make sure we had the angle right so it appeared we were shooting directly at the zoms. It wasn't unusual to run the #1 camera and 5 separate POV cameras at all sorts of odd angles, then reverse the main camera and do it all again. We also had an armorer on site who tested the blanks, acted at safety officer on the shots, etc.

The only exception was when I shot my friend Tom Judd (in the flight suit and helmet) up close with the mare's leg. Tom was wearing body armor with a rifle plate. We still had to do the shot numerous times because we had to make sure the shot was angled at almost a 45-degree angle down so the blast would be directed the right way. I thought the finished product looked great...we have superb editors!

mb
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Saw

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 06:24:19 PM »
I love this show... definitely practical & beneficial!

robheath

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 06:28:24 PM »
Like I said before, it looked fun as hell.  I bet it was a blast to make.
Give me liberty or I'll get my guns and get it myself.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 06:34:33 PM »
I really liked that sudden, up-close, reaction shot with the shorty that Alan took on the limper coming in from his left.
That was alright.  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 06:38:16 PM »
Go to Amazon and check out the number of zombie books...

mb

That would keep my lips moving the rest of this life and through my own zombie years!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk