Author Topic: Favorite barrel makers?  (Read 2119 times)

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Favorite barrel makers?
« on: March 22, 2011, 09:49:40 PM »
Most of my rifles have stock barrels on them.
I have a Shilen on my custom Rem 700 and was thinking about a Krieger for my Rem R25 (DPMS) in .308 - I'm going to Green Bay for a trap shoot in July anyway so while I was in the neighborhood.....

Anyone have good experience with other barrel makers?
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Re: Favorite barrel makers?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 09:53:34 PM »
Jack Daniels makes a really good one  ;D

I know it is only Tuesday and too early to start partying, but I'll be seein' you all in the corner soon.  This one ain't gonna go good after this start!  You're welcome  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 09:57:04 PM »
T/C used Green Mountain Barrels, in Conway NH to fill production short falls, they have a very good reputation for accuracy.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 10:52:47 PM »
I've heard good things about Lilja.
I have shot several custom .308's with barrels from Broughton.....They were superb shooters....I'm talkin' 1/2 MOA at 600 yards type superb........like, Camp Perry champion superb.......(and no, I do not work for Broughton).
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk