Author Topic: bacon explosion  (Read 12391 times)

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: bacon explosion
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 05:48:32 AM »
That reminds me of a specialty of a local area meat market here....they offer a thick-cut, sausage-stuffed, bacon-wrapped, pork chop.......and yes, they are good.

When I first looked at the photo, I thought it was something similar to what I've done with pork tenderloin. I take a 6" section of pork loin and spiral cut it to about 1/2" thick. I layer sausage and bacon and spices on the surface and then roll it back up. I tie it with butcher string or skewers and smoke until done. It ends up looking a lot like the photos above.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 09:41:03 AM »
It took me a while to read and reply:

#1.  Drool on keyboard almost shorted out "puter;
#2.  Had to go check meat supplies;
#3.  Had to put two nitros under the tongue;
#4.  Checked for hickory chips;
#5.  Check blood pressure and hook up oxygen at 12 L/minute;
#6.  Checked smoker fuel supply;
#7.  Dropped email to the cardiologist to get a permission slip to partake;
#8.  Deleted cardiologist's reply ... asshole!;
#9.  Ready to go ...

Visitation will be Tuesday evening with a funeral on Wednesday morning  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

BAC

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 09:43:49 AM »
You know, for someone who eats low carb, the worst thing about the recipe is the bar-b-q sauce.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 09:47:46 AM »
Yea, and for someone built mostly out of fat it is all bad  ::)  But I love it  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:00:20 AM »

Timothy

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 10:05:20 AM »
My wife scrambled me up a couple chicken embryos yesterday for dinner.  Need to go to the market, short on rations.  Anyway, she sprinkled in some of my bacon bits (real bacon, not the fake stuff) and asked if she put in too much.....

My reply..........you can never have too much bacon!    ;D ;D

BAC

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 10:11:44 AM »
My wife scrambled me up a couple chicken embryos yesterday for dinner.  Need to go to the market, short on rations.  Anyway, she sprinkled in some of my bacon bits (real bacon, not the fake stuff) and asked if she put in too much.....

My reply..........you can never have too much bacon!    ;D ;D

I tell my wife that there are certain questions to which the answer is always "Yes."  "Do you want more bacon?" is one of them.  As for the others, well...use your imagination.   ;)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 10:19:29 AM »
I tell my wife that there are certain questions to which the answer is always "Yes."  "Do you want more bacon?" is one of them.  As for the others, well...use your imagination.   ;)

You need to post a picture of your wife ... Naw ... I've got one picked  ;D

BAC

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 10:22:44 AM »
You need to post a picture of your wife ... Naw ... I've got one picked  ;D

Easy there.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 01:20:07 PM »
I'm gonna have to post the pork wrapped, pork stuffed, pork recipe!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk