Author Topic: Need a Bushnell 10x40... Never let your wife in your gun safe!  (Read 7883 times)

Badgersmilk

Anybody know of a place that still has the Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40?  They were selling for as low as $129 recently, but all disappeared quick!  The replacement Bushnell Tactical Elite 10x40 (according to the Bushnell tech. guy) has improved lens coatings, better gas inside, and is made in China.  It also sells for TWICE the price!   ::)  Well, $214 is the best I can find.   :(

Why am I looking?  Because I asked my wife to hand me a radio I keep in the gun safe.  She bumped a "Raging Bull" that lived up to its name...  Fell into and knocked my shiny new Remington pellet rifle over, which landed directly on the back end of the scope.   :'( :'( :'(

The shiny new Bushnell Trophy 4-12X is now cooked.  The magnification adjustment is locked on 12x and won't move.  :(  While a nice scope.  I've got the 10X40 on another rifle and it blows the 4-12X40 outta the water!  At any price.

Now I just gotta find one...  Any help much appreciated!   :)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Need a Bushnell 10x40... Never let your wife in your gun safe!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 10:57:23 AM »

Badgersmilk

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 12:20:01 PM »
Unfortunately that's the 3200.  I'd like to find a 3200 for $150 or less (like they've been selling for).  But if I can't I guess I'll spring for the fancy new "Tactical" one for $214.  Just trying to be cheap!  ;)

You guys noticing how Midways prices aren't even close to being as competitive as they used to be?!?  I'm even seeing Amazon beat out ebay a lot of times!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 12:26:26 PM »
Here, let me Google that for you.

http://tinyurl.com/3hnykar

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Badgersmilk

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 01:05:56 PM »
Here, let me Google that for you.

http://tinyurl.com/3hnykar

I've searched far and wide, can't find anyone that isn't sold out.  Just thought someone might be using a site that doesn't pop up on the search engines, or something is all.

Sponsor

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 01:24:53 PM »
Have you thought about sending it back for repair?
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 01:59:14 PM »
Have you thought about sending it back for repair?
Good point. It is brand new, and lord knows what their warranty policy is. It might be "You screwed this up its on you" or it might just be a default "Send them a new one if its less than a year old". You don't ask, you don't get. I wouldn't lie to them, but I wouldn't volunteer info either. Just tell them you have a new scope that got damaged and let them make the call.
FQ13

Paraguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 03:31:21 PM »
I have no advice or insight to provide, just wanted to express my condolences for your loss.
Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 05:07:39 PM »
Okay Badger, I guess that was a little crude of me.

I went and checked my favorite haunts for you and they're all out. 

Except SWFA which wants, $399

and Ambient Weather that wants $249.99

It is discontinued, and was a great scope, so the remaining ones are going to reflect that price.

I wish I had stocked up on Nikon Monarch fixed power scope before they were discontinued.   I have one 6x40.   I'd love another along with a 10x40.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 05:33:42 PM »
I however own one. Not a Busnell, but a B@L Elite 3000, 3x9 and its the best scope I've ever owned (factoring in brightness, clarity and fog proofness) and that includes a Zeiss. If you want to make an offer....... (but it better be a lot more than $200). ;D
FQ13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk