Author Topic: 9/11 Remembrance Episode  (Read 4662 times)

ninefingers

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
9/11 Remembrance Episode
« on: September 07, 2011, 06:08:26 AM »
Dear Michael,

Your episode about 9/11 had me in tears on my commute to work this morning. I lived in NYC until 1969, and while I'm glad to live far from there now it's somehow still in me.

God bless you for what you do, and God bless all those who perished that horrible day. I think every American should remember what happened that day, who did it, and why we remain at war.

Tom Stuart

gcerbone

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 9/11 Remembrance Episode
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 06:59:23 AM »
Me too.  I had to stop and pull over I was sobbing so hard.   I lived in NYC through that terrible day.  To say that it changed the world forever seems trite, and yet nothing else seems to capture the enormity of the event.

ronlarimer

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Balloon Goes Up
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 08:12:48 AM »
I listened to it taking my kids to school today.  I have listened to every DRR podcast so I have heard your story before so I knew the details, but this telling of it was more heartfelt and powerful than the previous telling.  I look forward to Wednesday morning for a firearms related pick me up but I listened to the podcast because, as you said, it is hard to remember.
Ron

We do not get to pick when the balloon goes up, only how well prepared we are to deal with it.
Balloon Goes Up

wtr100

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 08:34:28 AM »
Well done sir, well done.
Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, 60 rounds powder and ball and be ready to march at a minute's warning.

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 10:57:54 AM »
Thank you, Michael.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:25:58 AM »

Timbertec

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 11:02:18 AM »
Listening to your podcast now Michael...

I remember that day well... and your words bring it all back.

Well done Sir

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 11:36:40 AM »
Little things can matter a great deal.
Here's a news story that caught my eye today.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/gwyneth-paltrow-speaks-extraordinary-story-9-11-run-184204096.html

In an unusual twist of fate, one grateful New Yorker credited Gwyneth Paltrow with her survival on Sept.11. In an interview with The Morton Report titled "How Gwyneth Paltrow Saved My Life on 9/11," Lara Lundstrom Clarke explained the domino effect of a chance encounter with the actress, and now Paltrow is also weighing in on the incident.

"Basically, what happened was I had gone to a yoga class very early," Paltrow said while promoting her new film at the Venice Film Festival.  "I was on the way home and it was the morning of September 11 -- not that I knew at the time what that meant -- and a girl was jaywalking across the street and we kind of both stopped at the same time and waited a really long time," said Paltrow.

It sounds like a minimal moment, but it stopped Clarke from hurrying to her office in the twin towers, where she was an account manager at Baseline Financial Services on the 77th floor of tower 2.  She'd been jaywalking to catch her train and make it to work on time. Clarke says Paltrow waved her across the street but the incident cost her valuable minutes. She reached the subway just in time to watch the doors close.

[ Photos: Images of 9/11 rescue dogs ]

She was forced to catch the next subway train, which kept her from reaching her office before the attack that killed four of her coworkers. "If I had made that train, I would have been at my desk on the 77th floor of 2 World Trade Center," she told The Morton Report.

MORE AT LINK, but this gives the gist of it.

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 05:46:23 PM »
Listened to it on the way home.  Hard to drive with allergies.   :'(

Just to top it off, when it was done random shuffle just happened to play "Duct-Taped Bible." 
"Why are you carrying a pistol?  Expecting trouble?"

"No Maam.  If I was expecting trouble, I'd have a rifle."

v1rot8

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 01:51:23 PM »
Powerful. Thank you and God bless you for sharing your thoughts and your tears. Thank you. Stay safe.

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 01:12:19 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk