Author Topic: When Will American Shotguns Measure Up? Sad.  (Read 23919 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
Re: When Will American Shotguns Measure Up? Sad.
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2013, 10:59:27 AM »
This topic as evolved a long way over the years.  One thing that comes to my mind as I read it is we need to quit thinking like Walmart customers, and think like hunters, shooters, and defenders.  A firearm is a tool, and we should purchase the best quality tool we can afford.  Now I admit that dollars don't always mean quality, but we should look at suitability for the task and the user first, quality and reliability second, service and parts availability along with company strength (are they here for the long haul) third, and finally take the previous and match our budget.

Too many times we fall into the Walmart mode and ignore everything but price.  Can you say dumb downed consumer boys and girls?

Edit

Value!  That is the word I was searching for and could not find.  We need to focus on the best value we can find.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2013, 11:19:21 AM »
Value is a very hard thing to pin down.  Its diffrent for every one.   its like that with all tools.  Example a cheap craftsmen socket wrench( boy thier quality has gone to shit)  is fine for the truck tool box, and fixing something on the side of the road.  Its not what I grab when I am at home.  To me the $25 is a good value for something that is not going to be used much, but not something I want to use all the time.   its the same with guns.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2013, 01:02:50 PM »
And that TAB is the point I was trying to make in my list of points.  What is right for me may not be for you or your situation.  What is right for me in hunting may not be right in plinking or self defense, and my favorite USPSA and Bullseye gun would put me in a bad way on the wrong end of a self defense trial.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2013, 03:07:43 PM »
I second what M58 and TAB say, to me a Perrazi shotgun would be nothing but trade goods toward the Mossy 500 or Rem 1100 that I might actually have a use for.
Your mileage WILL vary.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk