Author Topic: Do Fobus & Serpa Holsters Scratch Up Your Gun ??  (Read 18972 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 907
Re: Do Fobus & Serpa Holsters Scratch Up Your Gun ??
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, 10:19:45 PM »
Don't worry about it. Carry a gun enough and it get worn! Live with it or don't carry!

Pecos
+1

It's called patina.  Patina is like a scar.  You know what a scar is don't you?  A scar is a tattoo with better stories.  Enjoy the patina!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2011, 05:05:00 AM »
Leather on steel produces "holster wear". Plastic or metal on plastic will produce deep scratches.

Pecos Bill

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2011, 01:20:18 PM »
Leather on steel produces "holster wear". Plastic or metal on plastic will produce deep scratches.

Never has on my guns, Bill. I've used Fobus for years and I have no "deep scratches", but then I don't get crawl around in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Pecos
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress, but I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 907
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 11:28:25 AM »
Last evening I pulled out the "holster box."  I have a Fobus paddle holster in there that is used for demonstration purposes only.  I like the holster itself, but I hate the paddle - it digs into my rolls.

I found that I can make marks in the holster material with a little effort, but that same process with more effort does not affect my XD or M&P.  With that I would say that if you don't allow dirt or other abrasives to build up in the holster it will not harm mar the gun.  However, remember that if you let crud build up in leather it will mar any material there as well.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk