Author Topic: Valentines Day 1969 From Carlos Hathcock's Perspective....  (Read 2181 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Valentines Day 1969 From Carlos Hathcock's Perspective....
« on: February 15, 2012, 08:17:09 PM »

In the zone....Talking about 700 yd. shots like a day at the range with a .22....and he's a cocky fella' and he was on our side...

Thank God!!!  Nothing like a bounty on your head by the enemy to know they were simply solid and falling targets. The round was a 175gr. 7.62x51/.308 military rd. from an M40 bolt action....with a Leupold scope.

Pretty much a tweaked hunting rifle. A natural platform for a natural marksman...Any rifle he held was going to hit the target. Including his M1 Garand...

RIP and Thank You. What you did inspires novices (like me), to continuously shoot better.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
Re: Valentines Day 1969 From Carlos Hathcock's Perspective....
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 06:30:43 AM »
Saw the vignette on Carlos in the H2 show on snipers last night, when he went after the North Vietnamese sniper sent by Hanoi to take him out, the Cobra. The Cobra started out by shooting a guy right outside Hathcock's hootch.

Ended up taking the Cobra out with a shot straight through the Cobra's scope - nothing but glass - and taking off the right side of the Cobra's head. It came down to a matter of less than a second difference as to who shot first.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk